2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just out of interest yesterday I had the centre box removed from the car as it had split, how ever I noticed my mpg computer was saying 30 mpg before I cant seem to get it above 22mpg now how ever Iv filled up today the range says 325 which doesnt add up 45L tank 20 mpg = 180 mile range at 20 mpg. Any Ideas will it right it self or what do I need to reset the ecu or something ????

Cheers Daz

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
It will read something like that after a fill up.

I take it you have a Type R.

When i full up my 1.8 it goes around to 680km which is a little over what i can do.
But when i drive it goes up to 840km which is way more than i do with where i drive.

Also look at current MPG rating.

Also in winter your fuel economy will drop.

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Defo a type r with that MPG lol

I assume you've tried just resetting the mpg stats on the steering wheel ?

Also seems silly but your not looking at the wrong average MPG clock are you ? As in you get A and B , I keep A to keep an eye on my MPG per tank and then I use B to keep track of my MPG between services.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Iv reset the mpg counter on the steering wheel and yes it is a type r.

Just weird was reading between 30 and 33 before now just low 20's just did know if have the mid silencer removed could make that much of a difference? I wouldn't of thought it would or if the computer is playing about and needed a reset like removing the battery.

Thanks Daz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts