2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I've posted about this in the engines / transmission section , but possibly think it could be electrical as I've just found the problem below.

It's regarding my MPG dropping considerabley for no reason

My question the digital display on the type R on the trip computer , mpg etc can this for what ever reason mess up and go out of sync

Because it says for the last 3000 mile my car has run 20mpg . This is not the case clearly [smilie=giggle.gif], unless sum one has been tracking it with out my knowledge.

Go back a few weeks, the same display read 33 mpg for 2800 mile which was correct.

For what ever reason this has changed recently.

Also my car won't go above 25 mpg on the display 23, 24 yea not above.

I think the mpg reading has messed up and changed all the readings for current and old mpg figures .

The car is currently running 23 mpg on the display which is very low and not normal

Hope this kinder makes sense.lol

Thanks

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not really done many miles due to winter can't remember . but I'd say 300 mile to a tank easy. I'll fill up and monitor it, second car civic is you see, don't fill up very often .

How I know something isn't right, I used to get over 35 mpg on a run, doing the same now run 25mpg tops

But why the trip comp has changed is a worry. 20mpg last 3000 mile . Lol. when it did say 33 mpg . It's takes some changing 3000 mile does on the trip, regardless how you drive, and I've been driving the same

I mean if I went and did 20 miles now and reset the trip and drove super steady, the trip would read like 23 mpg which is wrong for sure

I think the car is reading the mpg wrong some how, so is making the computers be miles out

I'll get tdi to plug in when I'm next up, see if anything shows up

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a sensor that monitors the cars mpg?

As the mpg is all over shop. Drove home same route same speed etc and the mpg was 48mpg. Where as this morn was 19mpg .

i mean 48 in a type R. Haha if only and 19 at steady driving , no way.

Just doesn't know what to display

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts