2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2008 civic ex ishift model. The car used to give me good MPG when i bought it. I have had this car for 6 years. But now my car seems to be really thirsty. The mpg has gone down to as low as 27 (almost 300 miles from 55 litres of petrol) from an initial 42 mpg. Also the car seems to be really jerky when driving below 5mph. I am wondering if its the issue with the gear change ratios or just the transmission being semi automatic. I still love the car which makes it hard for me to get a different car.
I have tried pretty much everything to improve fuel consumption (using engine cleaners in petrol tank, regular service, being a good and slow driver, trying the premium petrol from shell, etc.). But everything seem to be failing.

Any ideas how this can be solved?
I had read somewhere in the forum post that upgrading the car's software through the sat nav dvd drive will fix the gear ratio problems and other minor issues. So i enquired about it in the dealor and they had no clue with whats wrong with my car's fuel consumption or how to upgrade the car's system software.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, I have a 2008 civic ex ishift model. The car used to give me good MPG when i bought it. I have had this car for 6 years. But now my car seems to be really thirsty. The mpg has gone down to as low as 27 (almost 300 miles from 55 litres of petrol) from an initial 42 mpg. Also the car seems to be really jerky when driving below 5mph. I am wondering if its the issue with the gear change ratios or just the transmission being semi automatic. I still love the car which makes it hard for me to get a different car.
I have tried pretty much everything to improve fuel consumption (using engine cleaners in petrol tank, regular service, being a good and slow driver, trying the premium petrol from shell, etc.). But everything seem to be failing.

Any ideas how this can be solved?
I had read somewhere in the forum post that upgrading the car's software through the sat nav dvd drive will fix the gear ratio problems and other minor issues. So i enquired about it in the dealor and they had no clue with whats wrong with my car's fuel consumption or how to upgrade the car's system software.
My local dealer told me that only they have the ability to upgrade the software.
They were willing to check if mine had the latest version or not and then charge me half an hour's labour to update it if it was required.

I haven't had it done yet though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts