2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

DOes anybody know if it's possible to change the computer to display MPG rather than the Kms/Ltr that my car came set with???

As I'm English and fairly set in my ways, Kms/Ltr means absolutely nothing to me!!!!

If it's possibly, then please let me know how I do it.....

Cheers, Mark.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I know on my car you can flip the whole display between the UK units and European, but that also changes the speedo and everything, do you have the mph - km/h button on the right side of the dash, a kind of mirror to the dashboard brightness dial, push and hold that for a few seconds and the whole car flips to "Euro" mode, might not be fitted on the lefties.

·
Registered
246 Posts
According to the UK manual the ability to change from MPH to KPH is restricted to UK specification cars. Right hand drive cars have a button on the dash for that express purpose as described in previous post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you press and hold the info button for a few seconds and enter the trip computer set up, you can change it in there.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
And besides - what's the harm in driving your car according to mph in a km/h area? So you do 50 mph in a 50 km/h zone, I'm sure the Portuguese police will understand if you explain it to them politely. :wink:

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt that care less to be honest Copycat!!!!! There is NO speed cameras out here (In the Algarve anyway), and if you asked me what's the speed limit on a certain road, I wouldn't have a clue as it's not plastered on every lamp post like it is in the UK.....

It's very much a culture of 'driving to the flow of traffic' over here, regardless of speed..... :lol: :lol:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Mark996 said:
I doubt that care less to be honest Copycat!!!!! There is NO speed cameras out here (In the Algarve anyway), and if you asked me what's the speed limit on a certain road, I wouldn't have a clue as it's not plastered on every lamp post like it is in the UK.....

It's very much a culture of 'driving to the flow of traffic' over here, regardless of speed..... :lol: :lol:
Much like Italian traffic then, eh?

Loved driving over there in a brand new 147 a year ago. Beautiful scenery and great roads. What more could you ask for? *insert witty comment here*

·
Registered
180 Posts
In the computer setup you can lock it to miles or kilometers or have it switch over with the speed changeover button on the dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts