2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed my avg mpg reading doesn't go above 38, It sort of hovers between 37.5 - 38.6. The vehicle is a 2008 2.2 EX model. I have tried various driving styles like driving around town 30mph to motorway driving 70-80mph but there is no movement. My avg speed doesn't seem to change either, it is stuck on 17mph even after a long motorway drive. What could be causing this issue. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So everytime I start the car I need to reset the trip computer? I'm coming from a VAG car and it used to do it automatically

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Yes vag cars reset trip a after a few hours after ign is off

My Mazda resets trip a every time car starts

Honda is manual reset so trip a for is each tank of fuel and trip b is since I had the car

·
Registered
130 Posts
Trip b will be since the last battery unpluging. It resets your mileage. Any maintenance is usually preceded by one of those. The most you're going to get with some reliability will be the yearly maintenance period.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
.... or if you have manually reset trip B (or A) which is easy to do.

I use trip A for recording trip info = manual reset when required and trip B reset with a refuel to monitor 'real' mpg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks this I didn't know. So to reset I do that through the reset button on the steering wheel. To go further into the system do I do that through the mode button?

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Ignore my A and B reset within seconds post. That's to reset the average speed.

The trips each work independently and can be reset manually or automatically depending on your settings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts