2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Standard seats weigh about 30kg each, these weigh about 9kg each. Haven't weighed the mounts yet, but they're not heavy items.

If you removed your rear seats and replaced the fronts with these, you'd trim around 80kg off the total weight of the car.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
They look very very good!
If the price was decent I'd be interested in a set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They are not cheap seats, but Cobra make fantastic quality stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't lose much money on them if you came to sell the car, either! Here's a link to all of our packages, they are the 'Package S3' seats;

Civic 8G | Product Categories | TrackSmart

We can do them a little cheaper if you'd like them with GRP backs rather than Kevlar - PM me if you'd like further details.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
They look top notch mate. What's the difference between s1 and s3, apart from the 'type r' emblem and £1100?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
S1 seats are trimmed in Spacer Fabric, have a standard logo, and have a GRP back rather than Kevlar (the Kevlar shells that Cobra do are still coated in black). Cobra do not, however, have a dark enough red for the spacer fabric cushions so we're currently showing those as out of stock.

I understand the S3 seats are expensive, but they really aren't cheap to buy in unfortunately :( - I will look at what can be done with pricing over the weekend, in terms of group buys if enough people were interested.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I'd imagine s1 with the type r logo, or s3 with a GRP back would sell in a greater quantity.
My budget wouldn't stretch to s3 but post Christmas id be good to look at starting a group buy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
They are fixed-back bucket seats so you can't tilt them forward for easier access to the rear seats.

We should have some slider mounts available soon, though. You will be able to adjust the angle of recline when fitting the seats to the mounts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Still looking fairly standard - plenty planned with the car in terms of track days and driving destinations though.

Will hopefully have some awesome pics/videos this summer :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm about to go to TDI to do exact same thing, set up a car for fast road and occasional track use.

Getting upgraded pads/fluids for stopping. Leaving engine alone for now.

And I was initially planning to get Eibach springs with stock dampers and FRS set up for chassis.

I don't know condition of my shocks, but car has covered 95k miles, so I'm minded to replace just because I'm paying the labour to have the springs out, might as well do shocks whilst there. The damping is pretty poor as standard, so I have also been exploring improving the dampers and be interested to hear thoughts.

The feedback on Sachs seems to be good, and many say essentially the same product that Honda use anyway but without OEM branding c£50 a corner, if I go down the standard route with eibachs, that's pretty reasonable. Have people found the performance the same in real world?

I've seen on Type R forum someone mention Koni yellow has superior damping and comfort over the standard shocks, and others mentioning Bilstein, but by the time you add up the price of these, you're getting into or at least close to coil-over territory.

TDI have suggested BC C/O at c£900, but have read these are very harsh right quality. here

And that thread seems to suggest Meister R Zeta R which are roughly same price would be a better option as the right quality and damping is much better?

Sachs + Eibachs would be a much better price for me at moment, but at the same time, if you're going to spend all that money on labour, seems worth going the extra mile and getting the job done well.

Be interested to hear others experiences for fast road and regular / occasional track use.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I've had springs, Bilstein and MeisterR coilovers, I would recommend getting the MisterR Coilovers. They give a good ride quality and they are adjustable. I have the GT1 version but I've read that the CRD+ are also very good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had springs, Bilstein and MeisterR coilovers, I would recommend getting the MisterR Coilovers. They give a good ride quality and they are adjustable. I have the GT1 version but I've read that the CRD+ are also very good.
I ended up booking it in for Eibachs, bolts/sheers and standard shocks, on a £4k car, with all the other mods I'm doing, spending £800 on coilovers was just a bit too far, although, if I end up doing it later, I'll be struck down by the 'buy cheap, buy twice' rule.

I've got several track days booked over the next month, so will soon see if it's up to standard.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts