2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

mud guards

11K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Alancresent 
#1 ·
Any have or know can you get mud guards for the 1.5 sport hatch

#2 · (Edited)
I have already identified the painted edges of the wheel arches as a potential area for damage from stones etc being thrown up from the wheels....and if so will look particularly unsightly with white paint.
I have looked in the most common places - Performance Creations and Rally Armor, but nothing is currently available for the 10G Civic unfortunately.
I have used Rally Armor mud flaps on my 2 previous Focus ST so can vouch for their quality, but I don't see them producing anything to suit the Civic anytime soon. :(

#10 · (Edited)
They do look very neat, just enough to do the job while still looking quite subtle. :)
They also seem easy to fit, although I do not like the prospect of drilling into my wheel arches. :neutral:
i saw them when i looked at the FK2 typeR. I didnt end up with them, as the design of the FK2 CTR wheel arch means the mudflaps essentially dish as there is so much curve. Anything rigid wouldnt work.
no idea if the FK8/10gen arches are similar in design, or more flat but worth double checking how the mudflap will sit against the arch liner.

#19 ·
I bought a set of Mudguards off a guy on here for the 9G. Front ones fitted fine but the rears didn't as the pre-facelift rear guards don't fit the 9G facelift. So stuck with a set of rears for the 9G that are as good as an ashtray on a motorbike.

#15 ·
I contacted Cox Motorparts about these mudflaps to see if they can get them in the UK,I got a reply last night saying they are still waiting for a response back from Honda.

I have ordered a 1.5 sport so I am keen to get a set,if the mud flaps are not released in the UK any time soon I wonder if Cox could ship a load in from the states and sell them to us UK drivers,not sure cost wise though with import duty etc.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Not heard anything back from Cox regarding sourcing mud guards for the Civic Sport so I have just ordered a set from the E-bay link above from the USA, hopefully there will be no issues ,cost £80 all in ,will post pictures once they arrive and hopefully fit ok without problem.

#20 ·
My Mud Guards eventually arrived today from the USA and I can confirm that it looks like they fit perfect,I have not actually fitted them yet but held them up against the car and looks like there will be no issues.
So anybody who are not willing to wait until Honda UK release mud guards for the 10th Gen Sport this is a option you can have,I will fit them at the weekend and upload some photos.

The Ebay link is in this thread where I got them from if anybody is interested.

Attachments

#23 ·
Fitted Mud Guards today,look fine to me ,I hate having a car without having the protection that they offer,anyway here is a few photos.

Attachments

#24 ·
look good those.

Reactions: davrob1
#31 ·
Is there any drilling or cutting required to fit these to the 1.5 sport? I've seen the instructions for them and it looks like they refer to cutting a piece out of a plastic inner but the UK ones have a carpet type liner so wondering if fitting to a UK model differs. I had the equivalent ones fitted to my 9g and they blended in pretty well against the plastic wheel arch trim, but not sure how they'll look against the white paintwork on the 10g without the black arch trim to hide them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.