2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Mugen 200 today in Colchester about 17:50 on the A133, St Andrews Avenue coming onto the roundabout by Tescos.

Carbon bonnet, reg started with M200 _ _ _

Black haired chap driving.

Was it you?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
52 Posts
All M200s are Championship White.
Wow I feel slightly stupid asking that now.....

Knowing its only in CW that I did see an awesome CW Type R yesterday as well in Colchester but was over the army estate near Beerchurch Hall Road that may have been an Mugen, I wasn't paying much attention.......

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Wow I feel slightly stupid asking that now.....

Knowing its only in CW that I did see an awesome CW Type R yesterday as well in Colchester but was over the army estate near Beerchurch Hall Road that may have been an Mugen, I wasn't paying much attention.......
Doubt it seeing as there are only 20 mugens produced seeing one driving around will make you a very lucky man, if it was a genuine mugen i would of followed it until they felt so sorry for me they would let me have a spin in it.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Doubt it seeing as there are only 20 mugens produced seeing one driving around will make you a very lucky man, if it was a genuine mugen i would of followed it until they felt so sorry for me they would let me have a spin in it.
I think James was saying that it may have been an M200, not an M20.

The M20 is super rare, as I understand a number were exported from the UK too.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha ha I would do but it wouldn't be able to keep up with me.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also it has lightenings plus the m200 body parts. It was a M200, not a CW, and not a M20

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would of been the champ white, mugen only built the 20 ;)
:confused:

There were 20 M20

There were 200 M200.

I've seen two M20 and three M200

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
The mugen 20 have actually been touched by the MUGEN team hence mugen 20 and deserve the title MUGEN, the M200 haven't been touched at all by mugen they are an overpriced fn2, and im in the group of people who actually believe the m200 is not worthy of the mugen badge it was stupid of honda to just add rubbish splitters and 19" alloys when the FN2 was designed around 18" alloys hence why the mugen 20 have 18" alloys, i believe honda could have done something a little extra to make this an exclusive model.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
The mugen 20 have actually been touched by the MUGEN team hence mugen 20 and deserve the title MUGEN, the M200 haven't been touched at all by mugen they are an overpriced fn2, and im in the group of people who actually believe the m200 is not worthy of the mugen badge it was stupid of honda to just add rubbish splitters and 19" alloys when the FN2 was designed around 18" alloys hence why the mugen 20 have 18" alloys, i believe honda could have done something a little extra to make this an exclusive model.
Yes I agree..... can I join your group of people, they sound fun yet serious

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Have you met TH3DOCTOR? Or maybe you are him? :popcorn:

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
They are nice looking cars (but so are all fn2s). I know you own one but honestly hand on heart can you say it deserves the mugen badge if so how?? just because there are only 200 made?? and i know this has been said time and time before but why couldn't honda have at least gave it 10 more hp or even fitted the mugen exhaust system or at least let the mugen team put the splitters on, look at the champ white when they released this limited edition they added slip diff and HIDS (yes now all fn2s have them) but it was something new. It just annoys me when people say its a mugen, i had a mate looking for one when i told him there's no actual difference and he could save himself some money either by getting the champ white or a new spec GT with all the extras all i kept getting was "BUT ITS NOT A MUGEN" he was convinced it had more power and sounded better than the standard FN2, i told him yes if you get the M20 but he wouldn't listen in the end i gave up.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are nice looking cars (but so are all fn2s). I know you own one but honestly hand on heart can you say it deserves the mugen badge if so how?? just because there are only 200 made?? and i know this has been said time and time before but why couldn't honda have at least gave it 10 more hp or even fitted the mugen exhaust system or at least let the mugen team put the splitters on, look at the champ white when they released this limited edition they added slip diff and HIDS (yes now all fn2s have them) but it was something new. It just annoys me when people say its a mugen, i had a mate looking for one when i told him there's no actual difference and he could save himself some money either by getting the champ white or a new spec GT with all the extras all i kept getting was "BUT ITS NOT A MUGEN" he was convinced it had more power and sounded better than the standard FN2, i told him yes if you get the M20 but he wouldn't listen in the end i gave up.

Surely every single car has an aspect of "marketing" in it, whether it is by adding more features, more performance (or economy) or a different colour etc, otherwise we would all be driving exactly the same car.

What Honda have done with the M200 is to take a C/W car, which was already a limited edition in itself, and add some more/different parts to make it even more limited. If you use the published price lists it is apparent through simple arithmetic that the RRP reflects there was not a premium applied either for the (non mass-produced) parts, or the use of the Mugen brand name. Honda could not amend the production line to incorporate just 200 cars as this would cost a heap of money for various production and type approval reasons, therefore these cars had to be built post-production.
Incidentally, the Mugen front and rear bumper skirts are a World exclusive to the UK (they are not available to any other market), with probably only about 300 pieces currently in existence, and of course only 200 (+20) cars carry the Mugen centre console plaque and can be legitimately offered in the UK as original "Mugen" cars. On top of that a nice extra touch is that you get a specific, numbered owners handbook folder. The wheels are of course Honda's own, but if they had chosen to put the Mugen GPs on the cars then the OTR price would anyway have to have been increased by the appropriate amount to reflect the difference in cost.

I say again, congratulations to everybody who has bought (or is buying) a Mugen 200, enjoy your car and the attention it gets whenever you park up, and the exclusivity of knowing that there are only 199 cars like yours anywhere in the world. If I was in the market for a new Civic Type R, I would probably be choosing 1 of 200 over 1 of 20,000, or whatever.

Oh and (here comes my own marketing ploy), now that you have started on the Mugen modification path, buy some more Mugen bits and make your car even more exclusive:).

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
How has this made the car even more limited and exclusive the splitters are awful the GP pack looks a whole lot better than the mugen ones and as for the alloys why not stick on a different set of 18"s instead of 19"s doesn't make sense, and if they wanted to make it more limited and exclusive WHY have honda now made every mugen part available to purchase from dealers???, thats why you see more and more FN2s being kitted up to look like the M20. It was just another marketing ploy before they discontinued the model.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts