2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned my Type R M200 for 5 years, I'm just having a slight issue with the insurance company while trying to get my girlfriend insured, because they are trying to tell me my number plate is down on the insurance database as a CIVIC 2.0(09ON)MUGEN, looking at my V5 form its listed as Civic Type R Mugen too, so I'm curious is this what it say on all M200 V5's or is it down as Civic Type R Mugen 200???
I can manually select CIVIC 2.0(10ON)MUGEN TYPE R 200 on the insurance website and it makes quite a difference to the insurance cost,
so I'm beginning to think my V5 is wrong :worms:

Thanks

Richard

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
My V5 says "Civic Type R Mugen IVTEC"

Sounds like the insurance company think you have the M20 rather than M200 - definitely a price difference in that case!

Reactions: richy w

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My V5 says "Civic Type R Mugen IVTEC"

Sounds like the insurance company think you have the M20 rather than M200 - definitely a price difference in that case!
Yeah i had that problem when i first got it, but they where being really admant about it this weekend!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts
The "M20" should not mention Mugen on the V5. They were standard Civic Type R in Championship White (not Mugen 200) and pre-registered (1st owner as Mugen) prior to being turned into M20. However there was a specific insurance classification created for these cars under their proper name of Honda Civic Type R Mugen (they were never called M20, this is a name given to them on the forums), which if this is what it says on the V5 of the M200's may be where the confusion lies.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mine is the same as Welshy's....
CIVIC TYPE R MUGEN I-VTEC ;)
which means it is a Mugen 200, as opposed to a full M20-spec Type R, which will not mention Mugen on the V5 because it was modified after initial registration.
I can see why it might be confusing for insurance companies (who may not have a clue what the differences are).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts