2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice.

I have the Mugen intake, which came with a K&N Panel filter.

Ive noticed this:

Torque Developments International | Performance Experts.

Should that have come with my Mugen intake?

How does that work with the Mugen intake box?

Will it give the pressure increase it claims? If so, why?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a service item Ash for when your current filter needs replacing :)
Howdy Mark,

So this does fit the FN2 mugen intake? my current filter is a panel one, will this type of filter offer any real gains?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Howdy Mark,

So this does fit the FN2 mugen intake? my current filter is a panel one, will this type of filter offer any real gains?
I think it's a generic library image (our site has quite a few!), so apologies for the confusion! :oops:

I'll ask Cheryl if she can find an image of the proper filter :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only difference is i got a k&n filter

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Only difference is i got a k&n filter
It looks like a K&N element in all the pictures.

Makes sense, they do make good filters. GruppeM uses a K&N filter. It's just K&N's induction kits are rubbish, nothing wrong with the filters though.

Does yours look any different?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like a K&N element in all the pictures.

Makes sense, they do make good filters. GruppeM uses a K&N filter. It's just K&N's induction kits are rubbish, nothing wrong with the filters though.

Does yours look any different?
yeh filter is different colour and ridges are wider

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
yeh filter is different colour and ridges are wider
Maybe Mugen changed the spec of the element after those product pics were released?

You could always fire MugenEuro an email if you are unsure if Colin isn't along soon to reply on this thread.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yes, as far as I know the filter is made by K&N for Mugen.
Do you mean that the filter included with the Mugen intake is different than the K&N replacement filter for the FN2? [smilie=huh-ani.gif]

The only K&N filter avaiable for the FN2 is the one with this reference: 33-2948

The information at K&N web shows that they develop their filter to replace the OEM filter ("cross reference: 17220RSPG00"), doesn't seem that they "develop their filter for Mugen", seems more like "Mugen use the K&N filter".

Product Style: Unique Air Filters
Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
Flanges: None
Height: 1 in (25 mm)
CFM: 414.5
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 1.05 oz (31 ml)
Length: 11 in (279 mm)
Width: 6.875 in (175 mm)
Weight: 0.95 lb (0.43 kg)
Product Box Length: 7.72 in (196 mm)
Product Box Width: 1.75 in (44 mm)
Product Box Height: 13.56 in (345 mm)
Air filter test data:

Photo:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
As you know gasss, the Mugen intake makes improvements from the draw of cold air increase with the fitting of the Mugen scoop, removal of the resonator box and smoother design of the inside of the airbox itself.

In my opinion, I'm sure that the K&N filter is more than up for the job with airflow requirements as demanded by the engine, not being a forced induction or ram air.

As I've said the GruppeM uses a K&N filter, albeit a cone filter, in its kit. K&N do make good filters, it is just that their induction kit solutions are a bit lacking in development IMO.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Loxy,
I am agree with you, K&N filter should be enough for the Mugen intake or any intake with the OEM box (using the DrivenCrazy scoop for example).
The thing was: I understood that Mugen was saying that K&N makes a special filter for the Mugen intake, and I think that this is not the case.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Loxy,
I am agree with you, K&N filter should be enough for the Mugen intake or any intake with the OEM box (using the DrivenCrazy scoop for example).
The thing was: I understood that Mugen was saying that K&N makes a special filter for the Mugen intake, and I think that this is not the case.
No Gasss, I only said they make them for us, which they do. I didn't say they make them exclusively for us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts