2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some pictures of the airbox as fitted to the first M20 courtesy of Rob and Colin at Mugen.
I will have a car in from HUK for tuning with this kit as well as the manifold and exhaust in a few weeks that I have already tuned once so we will have a good comparison to other available manifold/airbox combinations.
I will have my airbox fitted and tested by the end of April which like the one on the car I will be mapping is the production intakes and not the prototype as seen on the original concept car.

Enjoy:cool:

Main parts showing aproximate layout
17200-XLRZ-K0S0 AIR BOX(ORIGINAL)2-5.jpg

Airbox from above.
untitled2.JPG

Scoop front view
untitled3.JPG

Scoop side view
untitled4.JPG

Garnish layout drawing
71140-XLR-K0S0 AIR INTAKE GARNISH(ORIGINAL)3-4.jpg

Intake on M20 with garnish in place
SANY0018.jpg

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Very nice. Definitely interested in seeing results and how it fares against other intakes.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul

Are you getting the mugen exhaust as well later on

Stu
Not sure. Am happy with the HKS for now. Can't see different exhausts making much gains over each other unless you are boosted. More gains to be made elsewhere for the money. ;)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
the first pic is not "our" airbox. It's from the FN2 mugenR. That one don't use maf sensor because is runing the fd2 engine.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
TDI what if you dont use the intake garnish? Where does it then draw cold air from?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Where exactly does that scoop fit then behind the bumper on this photo of the Mugen M200.?

mugen200_20A.jpg

If its behind the fog light can it be fiddled/adapted to be infront of the inlet hole at point A on that photo. As i would consider this splitter with that intake if it meant i could keep my fog lights (i like symetry). Do you think the intake garnish will fit in that mugen bumper at point A too?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It fits where the foglight is passenger side. It interchangable. The proper mugen bumper had 4 holes that you could fit fogs into or scoop garnish or brake cooling ducts.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It draws the cold air from behind the bumper. Garnish kit just directs it straight into the scoop

·
OCD Detailer
297 Posts
I'm going to order an new intake in the next month or so. In your opinion from what you've seen.....Mugen intake or Gruppe M for performance?

·
Registered
179 Posts
IMO gruppe m. If u want a cheaper alternative to the mugen buy a driven or m&m scoop and keep the standard box and uprate the panel filter.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anything that draws direct cold air in is a winner.
Looking at the kits and designs I would say the Mugen possibly edges the GM but I won't know for sure until I can test one against mine and that will be end April.

Do have a HUK car Mugen kitted in for tuning 1st April though so will get a good idea but it also has manifold and exhaust but it will give an idea.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
You can always try it on mine next week when you fit the quickshift? ;).
You could always forget to take it off too! :D

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mugen airbox ftw. Spent the day at Mugen with Hiro and the lads and was able to see all the parts first hand and the airbox is very impressive.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Easy to fit the new one but bleeding finger time removing all the oem pipework and resonator system!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts