2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does the mugen rear bumper look cheap? Just went to look at a m200 today, just down in the corners beside the tail pipes its joined with silicone. Has anyone else got a picture so show what I'm talking about?

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Is it me or does the mugen rear bumper look cheap? Just went to look at a m200 today, just down in the corners beside the tail pipes its joined with silicone. Has anyone else got a picture so show what I'm talking about?
I'll swap you for my rear splitter if you buy an m200.

Same colour no need for paint. Lol.

·
Aye Aye....
7,104 Posts
Not entirely sure what bit you mean mate? The whole splitter is made from one piece of FRP and the two exhaust trims are then screwed to it, if it's right down next to the exhaust trim its probably a bad paint job, if it's round the entire splitter that as said above is simply a rubber seal to ensure that water does not get in.

IMO the full bumper is immense and far superior to the splitter (and I have the splitter myself) but having seen the full bumper on Paul at TDI North's car and an M20 it's more flared and looks better as its all one piece however the splitter is still a nice bit of kit :)

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hope you dont mind me using your picture rowbo but this is the bit i'm talking about. I pushed it with my finger and it felt dead soft like it was silicone under the paint, or has it had a cowboy repair done to it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
I will have a poke and prod at mine after work but i reckon its had a repair job done because its one piece mate
i thought you meant the black gasket along the top edge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.