2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I decided to have Mugen engine oil in my Type R. It's listed on Mugen Euro website, but without a price. Do you have any idea where can I order it and what would be the price?

Thanks

Greg

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
why? it's an overpriced third party oil with a name stamped to it.

I would save the expense and get Castrol Edge 5w30 or the Mobil equivalent.

Just saying.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Absolutely no point in the Mugen oil chap, it won't be any better but will be much more expensive!

Just grab some Castrol Edge 0w30.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. I'm off of Mugen oil. Sam @ TDI advised me a fully synth Motul 15W50 racing oil for everyday use. Sounds good, although price is hefty. But for once in a year...

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
day to day driving 0-30 or 5-30 though you may lose a little if pushed on, for trackday and constant "spirited" driving 5-40. 10-40 at a push, I fully reccoemnd Titan ProS by Fuchs

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts

" Motul 300V Competition 15W-50 Racing engine oil is Motul's flagship engine oil, for racing cars with atmospheric or turbocharged engines, race engines operating at very high temperature and high rpm : race on tracks, drag racing, single brand races, endurance races; Le Mans 24H, rallying, uphill races, time-trials, rally raid, Paris/Dakar, dirt or ice races"

Cannot see how this would be suitable for everyday use, then again as my name suggests I am new to the civic world. Might not bethe same oil as recommended though.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Cheers guys. I'm off of Mugen oil. Sam @ TDI advised me a fully synth Motul 15W50 racing oil for everyday use. Sounds good, although price is hefty. But for once in a year...
wow!

Dont do that.

They put that in my car once... it was out in 12 hours! It was awful.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear God! I'm completely lost. My dealer advices Agip 0W30, but I don't want that, because I think it's too light and I hate oil consumption. They say OE Honda is 0W20. I mentioned Castrol Edge 5W30, but they told me they had bad experience (dunno details).

I think I'll use 5W30 for sure. I might give a chance to Motul 300V 5W30, or the Castrol Edge, as most of you use that.

Any advice would be very welcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts