2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
I'm after a Mugen grille badge/emblem for my M200. Just wanted to know if this will be ok, or if anybody has bought one previously...where from and what price?

Adam

MUGEN EMBLEM BADGE FOR FN2 SPEC R-1 GRILLE | eBay
The m200 grille is an standard type r grille with a chrome edge rather than grey. You can't stick badges too it unless you buy a badge with pegs on the rear like the type r badge.

I've not seen any of those so if you want a badge you need to buy the M20 grille which comes with one. A lot of money for a badge unfortunately but well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I found a grill badge with pegs on the back. it wasnt much so thought i would buy it and put it on and see what it looked liked. decided on the red version as it offset the Red of the R.
20 minutes to fit (didnt realise quite how tedious it is to get the grill off), two sliced knuckles and a 40 minute walk round trip to tescos as the missus didnt have a socket set. i hope it was worth it!

Attachments

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
No offence meant but not a fan of the Mugen badge on a standard R grill like that if I'm honest, looks tacky a mile off, especially as you've invested in a nice personal plate, may as well get the genuine Mugen grille.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
haha , i understand. it was only 4 quid and it gave me something to do this morning! looks like ive got something to do tomorrow morning as well now! Thought i would show what it looks like.
Mugen grill is definitely on my list and least i have had the practice taking a grill out. would love to m20fy my m200 but when i look through the price list my brain fries. have always wanted a mugen wing but the seeker wing lip looks good on a white type r so may leave it on.
i want the car at about 240 bhp so am looking at that plus brakes etc first

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i was looking at the copied versions when i had my 2007 milano red Type R but all the roads always lead my looking back at the official mugen one. will keep my eye out but if one dosnt come along may have to divert some funds. i keep telling myself i dont need it, but who am i fooling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts