2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Why did you sell the CPL? Yeah I have a charger.

I'm changing a few bits so would have needed to change my cal anyway.

I've had more Cal's than hot dinners lol.
Same as you wanted a change & sold it to leepie :( he made me sell it to him honest he did ;) no just fancied a change ? Then got the custom intake one from Tdi but the heat shield is right next to the rotrex oil tank & it's a pain to check it so got hold of an injen cai cheap so I am going to relocate the rotrex oil tank & the oil catch tank to the old air box mount so easy access to Both :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Stoney you can't see the map pressure onlye in 3 or 4 gear for example. I can tell you that my tegiwa intake and scoop at 250km/h (or less),and i have done this several times in private track, have much more map pressure than a cai. OnE day i had 970 map pressure in 3 gear and looked a datalog at the same rpm but at high speed and i was at 1000 map. The cai is better at lower gears but a good closed intake with a good scoop is better, in my opinion, at high speed.
Nuno is that na or fi as mine was choking out at high speed & rpm ? On the dyno & ran better with open air filter than closed box ;)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Nuno is that na or fi as mine was choking out at high speed & rpm ? On the dyno & ran better with open air filter than closed box ;)

NA. At very high speed the air enters with a very high pressure in the closed box and the mugen/tegiwa intake flows better than stock (and it's bigger). We can't replicate this on a dyno as the air is not forced as with a high speed run (put your hand out at 200km/h and you understand).

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Same as you wanted a change & sold it to leepie :( he made me sell it to him honest he did ;) no just fancied a change ? Then got the custom intake one from Tdi but the heat shield is right next to the rotrex oil tank & it's a pain to check it so got hold of an injen cai cheap so I am going to relocate the rotrex oil tank & the oil catch tank to the old air box mount so easy access to Both :D

does the injen filter sit behind the rad?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
From the reading I've been doing, the main factors that determine how effective your intake seem to be:

1) Length & volume - for 3rd order wave timing aka helmholtz tuning
2) IAT - CAI's tend to do better on this one
3) Velocity - ram air can help with this

1 is different for every motor config, theres no real one size fits all, but sometimes its about what can fit in the space availible.

2 common sense really

3 I'm not sure how much positive pressure a ram air setup that has the filter in place can generate, an air box is good for stabilizing pressure in the intake system acting as an air reservoir.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
From the reading I've been doing, the main factors that determine how effective your intake seem to be:

1) Length & volume - for 3rd order wave timing aka helmholtz tuning
2) IAT - CAI's tend to do better on this one
3) Velocity - ram air can help with this

1 is different for every motor config, theres no real one size fits all, but sometimes its about what can fit in the space availible.

2 common sense really

3 I'm not sure how much positive pressure a ram air setup that has the filter in place can generate, an air box is good for stabilizing pressure in the intake system acting as an air reservoir.
I have seen 020 to 030 positive pressure at 250 km/h.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No ash it sits in nearly the same place as cpl ? Cpl goes over battery tray injen goes under battery tray with no need for relocating the battery ;)

Ah ok I must be thinking of another intake then

21 - 40 of 94 Posts