2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wavey:

I'm thinking about the scoops on the Mugen front lips (not fog scoops). :hmmmm2:

Do they flow the air to the horns places???
In this case we have to relocate one when we use the Mugen air tract part as with the Driven Crazy Scoop'In.

Does anyone have any pictures of the fitting?

Cheers! ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Yeah they flow into the horn area so if you have a driven crazy scoop'in it will go straight in to it perfectly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
It's only on the full mugen aero bumper that there is a brake cooling duct I think.

The one in the picture above (I e from the M200) is just aesthetic

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
but the duct work will still take the same path to the brakes? should be easy enough to rig up

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how it's done on a Mugen FN2 but on a stock FN2 there is no passage provided to the brakes behind them.
Behind the driver (RHD) fog scoop there is the windshield washer tank, behind the passager (RHD) fog scoop there is the resonator. And behind a Mugen front lips scoops there are the horns (like with M200).

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I don't know how it's done on a Mugen FN2 but on a stock FN2 there is no passage provided to the brakes behind them.
Behind the driver (RHD) fog scoop there is the windshield washer tank, behind the passager (RHD) fog scoop there is the resonator. And behind a Mugen front lips scoops there are the horns (like with M200).
These are in essence exactly the same in the M200 - THE bumper is different but it's the same type r underneath.

I can't recall behind the driver side, but on passenger side, I had to remove the resonator, and relocate the horn in order to provide an attempt at a cold air feed for the RSK. With a stock airbox (and water reservoir tank still in place) you probably can't get a brake feed.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are in essence exactly the same in the M200 - THE bumper is different but it's the same type r underneath.

I can't recall behind the driver side, but on passenger side, I had to remove the resonator, and relocate the horn in order to provide an attempt at a cold air feed for the RSK. With a stock airbox (and water reservoir tank still in place) you probably can't get a brake feed.
We fully agree! ;-)

Have you needed to trim around the horn as with the Driven Crazy Scoop?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Did anyone ever attempt to fit the mugen brake cooling ducts to a m200 splitter ?

The mugen ducts only ever came with mugen bumper but some people don't bother fitting them

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
if you look at the photo above, the inner vents are already there, you just need the ducting for the brakes.

I was looking at buying a copy mugen bumper which had these included...

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
if you look at the photo above, the inner vents are already there, you just need the ducting for the brakes.

I was looking at buying a copy mugen bumper which had these included...
I know hence asking if some genuine mugen ducts would fit the genuine mugen splitter which I already have. I know the ducts are designed for genuine mugen bumper but been told they won't fit the mugen splitter.

I know I could get someone to fab something but have never come across a single quality ducting kit specifically for fn2 and have been offered couple of sets of the genuine mugen ducts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
That's what I thought. Mugen dealer advised me they won't but trying to establish fixing difference between genuine mugen bumper and genuine splitter.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Been a few years but bought some genuine mugen brake cooling ducts this week. Upgraded brake last year so this will be last upgrade I'll need for brakes.

They only screw to arch liner so hopefully sit behind brake cooling vents on my genuine mugen splitter.

Had no luck searching high and low in fitting instructions yet. Hopefully mugen euro get back to me

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Bought some self tappers and clips. Was pretty straight forward. Used dremel to cut neat hole in arch liner.

Just not sure if you need to remove trim that sits behind scoop or if you just need to cut hole in it for ducts to get feed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts