2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SIMPLY MUGEN
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experience of using said filler cap . Obviously a genuine item is £80 but our Chinese friends coincidentally make an identical item for £10 . Is there any reason it would not work . Appreciate any thoughts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I have a genuine one I bought from a Honda dealer in Scotland - it was a massive waste of £85 considering that a) you can't see it 99.9% of the time and b) the £15 Chinese fakes will do the same job. They're not exact I don't think (I have gold and the fakes are far too bright). It depends on whether you want JDM scene points? Or look at it this way: would you buy fake Calvin Klein pants down the market?!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wouldn't waste my money on CK pants from any source. And can't understand the thinking of people who do.>:)
Me either, skid marks are skid marks no matter what the label on the undies... Anyway... :laugh2:

My old EP3 had a fugen oil cap and it looked great except no matter what you tried it was always tighten up upside down!

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Funnily enough, there was a post on one of the many Honda facebook groups the other day where someones' fake mugen cap somehow departed the engine, so it'd probably be best to go for a genuine item, or at least keep an eye on it.

You should be able to get a second hand one (With authenticity certificates) for not much more than a fake item.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Unless you thinking of showing the car, I'd save your money but if you do go genuine. As for pants, any old ones will do but the g-string ones are like holding a blade of grass between two thumbs, they make me whistle when I fart!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts