2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Just won one of these on the TDi raffle. Will have a go at fitting on the weekend if get time. Looks fairly straight forward?

nice one, well done. I have one and it is better than the OE one. Not a great deal of difference on the travel but better.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
nice one, well done. I have one and it is better than the OE one. Not a great deal of difference on the travel but better.
Doddle to swap out?

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Doddle to swap out?
Not too bad, about an hour job to hour and half. Full centre consul out and then the tricky bit is unhooking the cables from the shifter. I think this thread explains it in better detail or there is a thread on how to on here somewhere.
If you've not had the centre consul out before, be careful when pull the cubby hole bit away from the lower dash, it's very thin and can be prone to breaking.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Not too bad, about an hour job to hour and half. Full centre consul out and then the tricky bit is unhooking the cables from the shifter. I think this thread explains it in better detail or there is a thread on how to on here somewhere.

If you've not had the centre consul out before, be careful when pull the cubby hole bit away from the lower dash, it's very thin and can be prone to breaking.
Cheers yeah I'm on my second trim piece already. Mine snapped above the cubby hole, first time I did the short shift mod.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Cheers yeah I'm on my second trim piece already. Mine snapped above the cubby hole, first time I did the short shift mod.
Argh, yeah. You would have done it to install the quick shifter. Should take about an hour then if you know what you're doing, I think it's held in with three bolts and 2 cable clips, they're just awkward to get to and twist :-/

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Raffle? :laugh2:
Yeah they did a competition thing so sold 50 tickets at 8 quid each and did a draw.

Probably sold closer to 500 quid as said some people got the answer wrong even tho was obvious

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Twisting the shifter cables out their seats is the hardest bit.
I got a spanner down there and used it to crack them, once cracked it's easy to twist and release by hand.

Congrats by the way, I saw your name come up and wondered if it was you :)

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
It's what I got these for :wink3:
I've got the one on the left!

Christ this sounds like it'll be a bit of a ballache

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Just collected it this morning from tnt.

Even the box has scene pts, lolz.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed my Mugen quick shifter and found this thread a massive help! Cheers to the OP and others who commented and added to it. The shifter cables are such a pain to remove! Even with all the forewarning I wasn't prepared lol.

One more thing that I don't think anyone mentioned, pay attention when reconnecting as well. I had the centre cable pop off during testing (my own fault) as it wasn't seated correctly. I might be the only dunce to do it, but if I can save someone else the trouble...so be it haha. :)

61 - 74 of 74 Posts