2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Do a search buddy. You will find a thread about 12 pages long...

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
right here we go !!

Do Not Buy this Wing !!

Its more trouble than its worth for the following reasons

My body work guy is having to skim the whole thing to make it smooth !! (quote "this is a bad copy, and its going to cost to sort it out !!" )
No bolts or clips with the wing, so I am having to buy a full set from Honda !! ( at £99 inc vat and P&P )
And today I just got an invoice from TNT for another £30 plus for TAX and VAT !
Its is costing me a small fortune to have the thing corrected and sprayed.
I should have just gone for the original, I am not saving very much money. :(

Not happy at all

again Do Not Buy this Wing !!

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
right here we go !!

Do Not Buy this Wing !!

My body work guy is having to skim the whole thing to make it smooth !! (quote "this is a bad copy, and its going to cost to sort it out !!" )
No bolts or clips with the wing, so I am having to buy a full set from Honda !! ( at £99 inc vat and P&P )

Not happy at all

Just to confirm you dont think anyone should buy this wing? :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
right here we go !!

Do Not Buy this Wing !!

Not happy at all

Dude, everything except point 1 is actually your own fault couse you didnt ask. To me it was obvious i gotta ask for everything if i buy a copy and i got all that stuff from the seller. The invoice was done as i wanted. Sum was lowerd to pay smaller tax, which is obvious you have to pay it anyway right when it crosses UE border

As for the quality - yes its gonna cost a bit, same goes for me and there will be some tricky solutions to fix it but in the end of the day you bought it for 1/6 price of genuine wing...

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Dude, everything except point 1 is actually your own fault couse you didnt ask. To me it was obvious i gotta ask for everything if i buy a copy and i got all that stuff from the seller. The invoice was done as i wanted. Sum was lowerd to pay smaller tax, which is obvious you have to pay it anyway right when it crosses UE border

As for the quality - yes its gonna cost a bit, same goes for me and there will be some tricky solutions to fix it but in the end of the day you bought it for 1/6 price of genuine wing...
Quite the comedian DUDE. Pay for what you get. CHEAP CRAP. Your trying to dress a turd up with sales patter and then turn it around onto the buyer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the heads up!

Will save myself the bother and get a real one when funds allow

Again cheers

·
Registered
698 Posts
Quite the comedian DUDE. Pay for what you get. CHEAP CRAP. Your trying to dress a turd up with sales patter and then turn it around onto the buyer.
Not exactly, i do have my thoughts about the spoiler quality which i already mentioned in main thread, theres no info that bolts and stuff are included so i presumed they're not. I asked and recived them. As for taxes - lol, isnt it obvious you have to pay them when u import from Asia ? IF not that i feel sorry for the guy who ordered and is now surprised.

And to clraify im not defending seller, he didnt mention in the auction that its gonna take a lot of hassle to make it look right. And the photos are fakes, its genuine wing with their FRP blade. But i get along with it couse the price for spoiler (excluding shipping costs) is obviously too low to make it quality product. Therefore IMO with that price you should be prepared for additional costs in workshops etc. BUt yes if i was about to order one again, i would never do it. Better save for genuine stuff.

And btw whats the point of my pics here?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mines a champ White, is the one in the pics a mugen?
Was just thinking that when I eventually get a mugen wing, would it look right if it was all White instead of the black top part

·
Registered
698 Posts
The pics are mine - which if you look at my location explains its not Mugen car (its LHD). I mentioned wing on ebay auction and its photos (genuine base and fake blade). The one i got on my car is the one we are talking about here

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
running out of things to say on this subject, but it still really p*sses me off everytime i see a 'mugen wing on ebay' thread. its not a mugen wing, its some fake copy some guy in a garage is trying to re-create and make a fortune off. if you buy one, you dont have a mugen wing, you have a wing that looks like one but made of cheap crap and deffinately should not have a mugen sticker on it. end of rant

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
running out of things to say on this subject, but it still really p*sses me off everytime i see a 'mugen wing on ebay' thread. its not a mugen wing, its some fake copy some guy in a garage is trying to re-create and make a fortune off. if you buy one, you dont have a mugen wing, you have a wing that looks like one but made of cheap crap and deffinately should not have a mugen sticker on it. end of rant
I see why you'd be annoyed as you do have a genuine wing but isn't this just the same as people who buy the Delta styling Type R wing? I plumped for a genuine R wing as It was cheap - thanks to TDi - but if I couldn't have got a cheap one, I'd have happily gone for a Delta.

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
+1 :popcorn:

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
I see why you'd be annoyed as you do have a genuine wing but isn't this just the same as people who buy the Delta styling Type R wing? I plumped for a genuine R wing as It was cheap - thanks to TDi - but if I couldn't have got a cheap one, I'd have happily gone for a Delta.
dont get me started ;)

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
So you object to the fake R spoilers too?

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
So you object to the fake R spoilers too?
im just not a fan of putting fake things on a car thats supposed to be your pride and joy. at least with a fake standard looking type R wing its not claiming to be genuine. claiming to be mugen, looking identical and having mugen stickers on the side is just pushing it too far.

if someone created and sold a pair of designer sunglasses on ebay with a gucci label on them and were going for £20 would you buy them? the frame's look a bit dodgey and the quality not too great.. i know the mrs wouldnt be happy wearing them and neither would i paying some guy in his garage to produce such tat. same principle goes for how i think towards car parts

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I'm not saying I disagree with you. I must admit, I'd struggle to hand over £1200 for a Mugen wing, but I'd also struggle to pay over 400 for the fake.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts