2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

mugen spoiler

4K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  Robbiharry 
#1 ·
Hi guys seen a mugen spoiler on ebay obviously a.replica but 175quid??id get the postage free through work but has anyone bought this or.had.it fitted?i wouldn't need it painted as id get it wrapped just seems a.bit 2good 2 b true!!!!

#12 ·
Or just have a good painter who will do the job. Im happy with mine at the moment, need one more treatment but besides that everythings fine with it. After i touched genuine Mugen stuff which is nothing else but FRP with laminate i dont regret at all buying replica wing.

#16 ·
I remember one of your posts saying you did regret buying the replica wing cos the material is somewhat weak? Not like the Mugen wing is any better tbh my local dealer gave me an honest opinion of it that it had pinholes and still needed substantial prep work to get it perfect!

Just out of interest robbiharry, how do you get free shipping from work?

#19 ·
I remember one of your posts saying you did regret buying the replica wing cos the material is somewhat weak? Not like the Mugen wing is any better tbh my local dealer gave me an honest opinion of it that it had pinholes and still needed substantial prep work to get it perfect!
Thats correct because i thought it warps all the time while the car is in the sun. It seems that it stopped, my car was in hardcore conditions recently where there was like above 30C deegrees and nothing happend, looks still the same like it did right after one week when i got it on.

The truth is that the only difference is the material which covers the FRP. The replica is covered with a very weak one and needs more proper work. But in the end you still save a lot of money after getting it done compared to Mugen real wing.

Like i said, i was regreting before i saw the 'REAL' stuff, but when i did i had no questions...except asking myself why am i stupid enough to buy a piece of FRP with laminate for 200 quid (mugen scoops). Its a joke

#13 ·
:popcorn:

#20 ·
Tbh mate I got the real mugen wing had thought about the ebay wing but after reading the views of some people who had bout it,wasn't fitting right didnt come with fixings to fit on the car and needed more prep work to get it to a good quality finish. The high level part of the wing will need to be painted as well mate and it doesn't move at its fixed compared to the real one its already in black and can be move to a slight angle.

Best of luck with it mate for that price if were brave enough id do the same.

#27 ·
Apparently it takes a few business weeks for it to arrive in the UK, unless your company finds a way to get it shipped faster?
I'm still after this wing, only funds are stopping me getting it as I'd want it prepped painted and fitted straight after I receive it!

#37 ·
"A bit"!? :facepalm: lol total brand snob Chris :p lol

Lol yeah .im more of a bargain hunter n thot id give it a try.nothin ventured nothin gained!!"
Higham always remember "a fool and his money are easily parted"
And easy money is easy spent!!! Thats y im no really bothered if it fits like a glove or not...
It's each to they're own ;)

Mind if I come over for a wee mini meet and have a swatch at this when it's fitted? Admire you for trying this! Would like to see what it's like as I've seen the real one so be good to see if this is any worse (it's just FRP let's be honest) I think it's more fitment that will prove if this is worthwhile or not, hope for you it is though;)

#35 ·
Lol yeah .im more of a bargain hunter n thot id give it a try.nothin ventured nothin gained!!"
Higham always remember "a fool and his money are easily parted"
And easy money is easy spent!!! Thats y im no really bothered if it fits like a glove or not...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.