2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDI SE Year 2007 Diesel.
Only recently I have been getting on the Multi-Information Display the CHECK SYSTEM (engine comes on) . After several attemps with ignition on II it clears and the glow pulg comes on engine starts as normal. After reading the manual, it says check MPG - this is not changing and I am getting over 50mpg so that is not affected. The Airbag System Light may come on sometimes. Then it wont come on for days. Some days the engine starts fine.
I went to a garage who plugged the computer in , could not find a fault. Reset the computer, issues goes away for a few days. Then it returns and it will take several attempts to start some days then it will start as normal (glow plug ) comes on .
Any ideas what or how to clear this as the garage I went to were not sure
Appreciate any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have just had the same fault appear this morning on my 1.4l iShift Civic. After restarting the car four times it disappeared. I was having other transient issues including loss of electric power steering and transmissions during start-up. I replaced the battery last week which resolved these transient issues but now have this new fault:- "CHECK SYSTEM (engine)".

Any thoughts would be much appreaciated.
Thanks,
Colly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts