2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After initial problems getting the HFT system to understand me, I thought I had the system sorted.
Until today. I tried to make a call, and asked for the phone book. To my surprise, the ladies voice wittered away for seemingly ages in German. I tried again, and this time I got a French reply.

I vaguely remember somebody mentioning this a while ago, but have found nothing in the search.
Am I doing something wrong, or is it another 'feature'[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
As I recall is was our young lady friends who had some hunky German speaking to them :D
I think SaraJo had him removed by an equally hunky mechanic though :lol:

The problem you now have is that to change back to English - without resorting to your local equivalent of a hunky Honda tech - is to press the Tal button, and say "change language" - in French :D

And no, speaking slowly and loud in English won't do the job :wink:

failing that, try turning the air con off for a moment when using the HFT :D

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've had that happen to me.

I just pessed the 'back to main menu' button and everything was hunkie-dorrie again......& in English.

"I've got great self control. I never drink anything stronger than brandy before breakfast!"

Charles H.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had that happen to me.

I just pessed the 'back to main menu' button and everything was hunkie-dorrie again......& in English.

Charles H.
I must admit that it what I done, and you are right, hunkie-dorrie it was.
It was just very odd having my car speak to me in a different language. :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
This happened to me several times when I was first registering my phones. The german messages did seem really long.
Like Harding say though, I quickly pressed the back button and all was well and good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts