2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know what you're thinking... "Please, not another clicking clutch thread" but bear with me.

In early 2011 I had a clicking clutch pedal (somewhat groany too) where I felt and heard a thumpy click upon depressing the clutch pedal. Thing was fixed under warranty and hasn't bothered me ever since.

This evening however, as I pushed the pedal in to select reverse gear to back up onto my driveway, I felt and heard a somewhat metallic sounding click or tap. I just reversed into position and tried pushing the pedal in again. Again metallic clicks. I can select gears no problem bu each time I push the pedal down there are a series of clicks. Since this is not the same problem I had back in 2011 I was wondering if anyone has a clue as to what it is?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
It probably is the same issue. The clicks are usually broken plastic bushes in the clutch pedal assembly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, Joy. :rolleyes:

When I got back in the car again yesterday the clicks had gone again...

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Im modding a spare clutch bracket at the moment with a beefier design as my dad said the OEM one is poorly engineered and destined to fail again by the nature of its operation.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts