2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1701 - 1703 of 1703 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,701
Unless you are putting in a Honda shaft would it be sensible to replace both sides with whatever alternative you have chosen?
Then they are in "harmony" with each other
Yes, I have one side OEM & one side Tegiwa for now and whilst it's fine there's a definite minor unbalance in the steering, mainly extra torque steer when setting off a little enthusatically. Not drastic however.

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
Yes, I have one side OEM & one side Tegiwa for now and whilst it's fine there's a definite minor unbalance in the steering, mainly extra torque steer when setting off a little enthusatically. Not drastic however.
Expect so with 250 bhp!
Mine is std but tested at 215, with only 53k on the clock I would hope to have a while yet before this happens.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Expect so with 250 bhp!
Mine is std but tested at 215, with only 53k on the clock I would hope to have a while yet before this happens.
I think its more to do with time than milage... unless your cars kept in a garage and only driven in the dry...

It could be the newer driveshaft on the one side that's causing the problem... or it could just be in the drivers head, as he knows it's been changed ?.

I'll probably change both when I get back home... probably this summer by the looks of things.

1701 - 1703 of 1703 Posts