2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1701 - 1709 of 1709 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,701 ·
Unless you are putting in a Honda shaft would it be sensible to replace both sides with whatever alternative you have chosen?
Then they are in "harmony" with each other
Yes, I have one side OEM & one side Tegiwa for now and whilst it's fine there's a definite minor unbalance in the steering, mainly extra torque steer when setting off a little enthusatically. Not drastic however.

·
Super Moderator
4,304 Posts
Yes, I have one side OEM & one side Tegiwa for now and whilst it's fine there's a definite minor unbalance in the steering, mainly extra torque steer when setting off a little enthusatically. Not drastic however.
Expect so with 250 bhp!
Mine is std but tested at 215, with only 53k on the clock I would hope to have a while yet before this happens.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Expect so with 250 bhp!
Mine is std but tested at 215, with only 53k on the clock I would hope to have a while yet before this happens.
I think its more to do with time than milage... unless your cars kept in a garage and only driven in the dry...

It could be the newer driveshaft on the one side that's causing the problem... or it could just be in the drivers head, as he knows it's been changed ?.

I'll probably change both when I get back home... probably this summer by the looks of things.

·
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,704 ·
Been a long while since i've been on here properly, mainly because the website just refuses to work properly on mobile and my laptop....

However operation revert back to nearly stock has now begun as it's time to move on. Booked in to have cams and RDXs removed next month and taking it from there.

It's been fun but with no plans to track it anytime soon and now working mainly from home and my unit is a stone's throw away it's time to sell up :(

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
893 Posts
Nooooooo!

You'll still have to pop along to the occasional track day for a run out in mine, if covid restrictions ever disappear, and to be frightened by Luke's driving!

·
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,708 ·
How's it hanging Muse? 🙂

RX7 weekend car?
I'm doing great mate, I see you joined the dark side but looks bloody nice!
About to nosey through your thread :sneaky:

Going for absolute cheap next like a Swift / Jazz as a runaround for 12 months and go from there.... I keep looking at Teslas though but still too pricey.

@Mugen_fd2 Only taking the cams and injectors off for now, once my insurance runs out I can DIY the rest back to stock next year.

Reactions: Mugen_fd2

·
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,709 ·
Nooooooo!

You'll still have to pop along to the occasional track day for a run out in mine, if covid restrictions ever disappear, and to be frightened by Luke's driving!
I definetly will as I still need to experience what I missed not polybushing and the charged 86 as it was terrifying enough NA lol

I'll very highly likely be buying a rusty track-only car like an MX5 / MR2 that I can bin and honestly not care about once things ease up.
Will still have the civic for another few months i reckon and still enjoy it now the niggles are sorted, just wish I didn't live in Manchester that's under new lockdown rules on a weekly basis :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SilverCider
1701 - 1709 of 1709 Posts