2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m beginning to think my 09 CTR GT(first day of ownership today!!) is a little older than I thought.

I researched the wiki and expected to see USB / Aux ports, but no sign of em. Leads me to think must be older MY then.

BUT i have what look like washer jet panels built into bumper presumably for HID’s, I thought there were a my 2009 introduction.

The wiki not super clear on what changed / what I should expect. Anyone help me and tell me what I’ve got? Was bought approved used fro main dealer, still waiting on reg docs as plate was changed

Cheers

P

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
if you car has HID lights then you have got a MY2009

Theres loads of 09 plates around that are pre MY09 models

Looking at your picture in previous post, I cant see the HID washers

This pic shows HID cut outs

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for checking it out

So it isn’t these cutouts you referring too then ...

Presume is the moulding above and to the left in the blue car pic thats the washer jets?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Rats !!! Not to worry can’t have it all. Wont spoil my enjoyment of what has been a great first day!! Thanks for the help is appreciated [smilie=ebil-thumbu:[/quote]

Yep, enjoy your first day. They are all the same under the bonnet and thats where the enjoyment is to be had ;)

...... you can always fit a 3rd party usb/ipod connector thingy anyway

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Hey mate, as mentioned it's not that unusual to get an my08 car on an 09, 59 or even later plate... I should know because I'm driving one!! Basically you are missing HIDS, the iPod / USB connector in the arm rest, tyre pressure sensors and that's about it. On a 10 plate you'd also be missing LSD and that's way more significant...

So you have to ask yourself was the car fairly priced and if so then with a few simple mods (ie aftermarket iPod kit and uprated bulbs) you can get the same spec as my09 yourself. If not and you paid full whack take it up with the dealer.

That's what I did as there was a bit of conflicting info given when I purchased. Fair play to Holdcroft as they later covered the full cost of a Honda iPod kit unit and install, all FOC.

Whatever the outcome you have an awesome car in the CTR so just enjoy it

Cheers

Nick

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
they are definately hook eye covers under the flush panels

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've seen 10 plates that are 08 builds, just enjoy the car or you will start thinking bad of it....:)

Sent from Gaz's iPhone :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have a look at the VIN.
It starts with "SHHFN2....."
And the number in front of the "U" is the year when built.
For example:
SHHFN2...8U... Car was built in 2008.
Hope you understand my poor speech.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a 2008MY and have HIDS complete with washers in the front bumper.

My car was made in September 2007 according to the date under the ashtray and on the seat belts. I do have a 2008 VIN.

An obvious difference between the 2007 and 2008 models is the position of the steering wheel adjustment handle. I have no way to plug in my iphone for music although it works fine with Bluetooth for phoning.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I have a 2008MY and have HIDS complete with washers in the front bumper.

My car was made in September 2007 according to the date under the ashtray and on the seat belts. I do have a 2008 VIN.

An obvious difference between the 2007 and 2008 models is the position of the steering wheel adjustment handle. I have no way to plug in my iphone for music although it works fine with Bluetooth for phoning.
mate, this only relates to the FN2. HID's were on some five doors from the start :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts