2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Driving on bad roads
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Impressions:
For the design I will not comment it is quite long and controversial matter of taste, only two things: on this car only goes white and red ; in flesh it is much better than the pictures.
Exterior: Lost 8-th gen spaceship look ;trunk is larger but higher freight edge. The materials inside are 2-3 classes better than eighth. Front seats are comfortable with good side support . NO car cigarette lighter and ashtray, probably then I will stop smoking in the car; steering wheel is easy to handle and ugly. The glove box is half the size.The coolest area above the gear stick which kept my cigarettes and chewing gum. Sport modification have space saver tire .
Gadgets and Electronics: The music sounds much better than stock on the 8th. A connection of USB and AUX. Inside the cabin there are already 2 socket for 12 volts. All four windows are automatic. With remote you can fold mirrors and open/ close the windows . There is a standard rear view camera. Reception of radio is absolutely excellent, unlike the 8-th gen in which the antenna was hooked on the rear window heater it is now like BMW and it works perfectly. There is a rear window wiper (who was driving 8th knows that this is an advantage). There are DRL and you can leave the lights permanently on auto depending on the light, in the eighth gen automatic headlights had become meaningless with the local law. Start-stop system that works well for me , I thought it would turned off first.
Noises and Suspension : The car is noiseless as or better than the Accord 8th generation ; chassis is a big move and settings in which ride is equivalent to that of the new A4 (sorry for comparison, but I drove 5 - 6000 km in one last year ). Stability - from my test drive I pulled the conclusion that this was a compromise at the expense of comfort, but here the ninth gen present perfect - the car is more stable cornering than the eighth gen with the stock suspension. steering wheel is a compromise - non-informative .
Taking aside the ECON mode, the car is smoother with longer gears.The car accelerates almost as eighth gen (that is not a fast car), The eighth alone made ​​me take her to rev, but 9-th somehow does not rise to the handle.
MPG: Sofia - Kostenets - Sofia 130 km trip : on the highway 120-150 km/h, 60-90 km/h off the highway and several fast curves between Momin passage and Kostenets - 6.7 l / 100 km, ECON off.
Overall : 130 kilometers today - car is just a different class, but has lost the sense of something sportier, which 8-th gen gave with this sweet jumping in corners. The feeling inside is like a limousine. Gadgets are cool. Unlike 8th MPG does not depend so much on how my right foot is forward, and is generally more economical. I personally like the white one 9-th gen more than 8-th gen five door, here is a question of taste.
Adding presence in the family of three month old baby, this car covers my needs at the time. Behavior of the car reminds me of the 8th sedan that a friend took when I got mine and I drove it to Sofia from Ribaritsa , Of course fit and materials inside here are very good.
PS today a man on parking lot came and asked me is this the new Honda Civic and then scolded me that there is no 3 door .... I looked at him and I put my baby's stroller in the trunk :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase. I also have a white 1.8 but it is an SE equivalent which misses out on the better sound system, folding mirrors, reverse camera etc. I totally agree with your first impressions having come from a civic 8g sedan and then briefly an 8g accord. You will notice the 9g civic glovebox is not cooled anymore....

Also , another positive change is the small lower back window, plastic on the 8g and glass on the 9g. That means you can get it tinted (which you couldnt previously).

·
Registered
39 Posts
the car is more stable cornering than the eighth gen with the stock suspension. steering wheel is a compromise - non-informative .
Taking aside the ECON mode, the car is smoother with longer gears.The car accelerates almost as eighth gen (that is not a fast car), The eighth alone made ​​me take her to rev, but 9-th somehow does not rise to the handle.
Exactly my thoughts on performance, the 8th is more fun to drive. ;) But in every other cases, just cruising around, the 9th is so much better... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts