2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up in May and only just got round to making a thread!

2008 Type S GT 1.8
Black or NHB? Are these the same? I have no idea
56k on the clock

It's my first Honda and I can already say it's the best car i've owned :grin2:

image hosting 15mb
image hosting free

Just a few modifications to come. Stealth grille, pressed plates, and AUX in :wink3:

Suggestions welcome!

·
Administrator
18,057 Posts
That's a very nice looking Type S you have there :thumbsup:

The grill swap will make a big difference.

I see you have fog lights, maybe grab a set of protectors from the Hobbyist's section?

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Nice car mate. :smile3:
Foglamp protectors in yellow maybe?
Wind deflectors would look good on a black car. :wink3:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice car mate. :smile3:

Foglamp protectors in yellow maybe?

Wind deflectors would look good on a black car. :wink3:

I have exactly the same car as you. I don't understand people with yellow fog light covers and wind deflectors, they are bloody awful and look like something my grandad would install and I'm nearly 40. Much better mods to do than making it a oap machine!

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
I have exactly the same car as you. I don't understand people with yellow fog light covers and wind deflectors, they are bloody awful and look like something my grandad would install and I'm nearly 40. Much better mods to do than making it a oap machine!
I am a little older than you (not much) My Type S has the wind deflectors
and i dont think it looks like a old farts car! :wink3:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, that's a nice looking car. The wind deflectors look better from a side and from far away! Each to their own I suppose. Nice colour though and looks good with colour coded skirts.

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
The Team Heko ones are very slim. You can only just get your fingers
between them and the glass. Most people dont even see them unless
the windows are open. I think the colour code trim looks much better
than standard. Beats me why Honda dont do it on all of them as standard.

·
drives a shed now
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I tried forever black, it was OK but doesn't last forever. Not like proper colour coded. I'm falling out of love with my civic now, it's too slow and miss my previous 6 alfas so don't spend much time cleaning it nowadays!

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
561 Posts
I tried forever black, it was OK but doesn't last forever. Not like proper colour coded. I'm falling out of love with my civic now, it's too slow and miss my previous 6 alfas so don't spend much time cleaning it nowadays!
You're the first person I've heard say they miss owning an Alfa!! 😂😂. That said, the Giulia V8 is absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alfas make you feel alive!
My civic is reliable but doesnt excite when driven. My civic in 11 months of ownership has cost me more in running and repairs than any previous alfa did!
The giulia does look remarkable. I hope it's good for their sake but if it gets bad reviews, they will be cheap in 2 years!!

·
Looking to buy a Type R
275 Posts
Did the first 5 blow up?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
No, just moved on to different cars. Had ford, vauxhall,Citroën, BMW and now honda in between and none make you feel alive like my alfas did! All 6 alfas were perfect, clutch went on one and the 156 had bad suspension but only like any other car. My civic has been my most expensive car to maintain in last 10 years! Had brake problems, air con problems, rattle problems, paint problems and rust, suspension (shocks) problems to name a few and only had it since November last year! All have been sorted but none were cheap!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts