2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello peeps,

I thought it was a bout time to add my new car picture section..

The car was a great price but the bodywork was full of scuffs and looking very dull!

Me and friend pulled out the Dual Action polisher and gave the whole car a once over, 9 hours later....

The car is a 2006 Honda Civic 2.2 cdti in alabaster Silver with 59k.

The work was carried out by self and a friend. We have a massive range of products :p

We can offer this kind service in Manchester, please see:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/genera...detailing-services-manchester.html#post733602

Products Used

Wheels: Autobrite brite gel, bilt hamber surfex, ez detail brush (large), envy brushes, vikan brush.

Wash: Halfords value shampoo, bilt hamber surfex, envy brush (for badges, trims and grills, window lines etc)

Polish: Hexlogic green and white pads, Menzerna 203s and 106fa, lime prime. DAS-6 PRO, eurow towels.

Cleanse: Blackfires gloss enhancing polish

Wax: Blackfires midnight sun

Metal: Britemax twins and wirewool

Glass: AG fast glass

Tires & Trim: Migliore

Total work time: 9 hours !

Weather - Rain! Good job we had a unit to use

Apoligies for the lack washing pictures and poor picture quality, I was swapping between a phone and a really crap digital camera.

Process:

Car was washed, clayed, dried and taken indoors. Single stage polished via a dual action polisher, finished with a Wax.

Wheels taken off, washed, clayed, treated, cleansed, polished and waxed.

All trim and metal work treated.

50/50

Afters/Results

:popcorn2:

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Looks fantastic mate, but your right the photos dont do it justice because the finish must be smooth as glass:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks fantastic mate, but your right the photos dont do it justice because the finish must be smooth as glass:D
It is indeed! Thanks for the comments, I washed it today (detail was two weeks ago) and the wash mitt just glided a long :eek:

Hopefully some more pics soon..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Washed it today.... paint looks BRAND new :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome shine and a very good exercise too!
Thanks, the wax is beading very well! Should last until December ready for another 2 layers of Finish Kare FK1000P

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Does look good but bet it looks better in the flesh :)

Can i ask why you masked off around the wing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does look good but bet it looks better in the flesh :)

Can i ask why you masked off around the wing?

It does! thanks!

Its advised to mask off any plastic trim, im sure the polisher wont damage it but always best to be safe!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts