2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Where did he get that new beam from?
Looks like a proper FN2 one as the central rod is nice and thick
I'm not sure where he got it from, but it does look like a proper fine one.
I would avoid cars that are shown to have lived in Scotland or by the sea maybe.

My Civic looks fine underneath and I think has lived SE England most of its life although it was registered in SW England.

I keep meaning to paint the beam and inner wheel arches but I lack a bit of enthusiasm for it currently.
Yeah, the Scottish ones seem to be quite bad. Mine lived most of its life in Epsom but it does have corrosion underneath but not very bad, I do need to clean up and treat the rear beam though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just a quick update. Parts ordered (ie the rear axle, and spring coils and shock absorbers because also too rusted for my comfort and feels like a sensible opportunity to have them done at the same time). Hopefully be a couple weeks now (weekend work). Side question if i may, my 2007 car has about 65,000 miles on the clock....should i be changing the timing chain? Its not got a lot of miles but it is quite old.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm not sure where he got it from, but it does look like a proper fine one.

Yeah, the Scottish ones seem to be quite bad. Mine lived most of its life in Epsom but it does have corrosion underneath but not very bad, I do need to clean up and treat the rear beam though.
I should have been hosing the underneath of the car over winter to wash away the salt that they put on the roads, but I didn't do. It's a good idea to make a habit of that though, just in case you are not doing that I mean!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts