2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is My Honda Civic SE, bought it in February this year. I didn't intend on doing anything to it I just wanted a decent car, then I came across this forum and the list is endless of mods I would like to do. Not done much so far, I installed an aux cable to connect my phone, got the wing mirror covers re sprayed and re painted the calipers (which I want to do again as I'm not keen on the red). Hoping to get more done looks wise in the new year. It's not exactly a type R but for only being my second car it's good enough for me just now anyway.

Here's a few pictures, not the best photos taken just after a wash so excuse the water.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, yeah they look nice from a distance but are needing restored as have a few scratches and chips

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Nice mate, wheels and spoiler look good

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah skint at the moment with Christmas and that. Planning on getting the trims colour coded once I have the money, was Going to do the 5 door conversion with the type R trims ect but going to cost to much I think so just coding what I have. What do you's think about the conversion ? Think it's worth the extra money ? Started spraying the door handles and fuel cap today, will try get some pictures up tomorrow

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I know exactly what you mean mate, its just a car! Mine gets me from A to B in economical fashion and that's that. I would love to mod it but to be honest with 30 years motoring behind me I now spend my cash on nice holidays or sticking it in the bank towards other interests. Civics are great cars but we can all become a little dewy eyed, they are cars and that's it or at least for me that is. Nice looking motor though ☺

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Nice work

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bit of an update,
I've been wanting to get rid of the worn plastic trim since I got the car and been looking at a few diffferent options.

The type R convertion wasn't an option because I couldn't be bothered sourcing all the different parts then also having to get everything colour coded, it was all going to cost too much. I thought about getting the car colour coded the way it was but wanted something a bit different from the standard look.

I then decided I was going to go for the 5 door image pack after I picked up some second hand side skirts from someone on here. I looked everywhere for the front image pack splitter since it was just a straight swap, after having no luck finding one I decided to go for a type R front with the image pack side skirts. I knew it was going to take some modding to make it fit. when I booked the car in for colour coding the guy said he would try to make it fit but had no luck so just got the sides and back colour coded the now (once I get two front type R arches will plastic weld the bit that flares out onto current ones to make front fit). I decided to just keep the back splitter instead of sourcing an image pack one.

So this is how the car looks now. Front is an eye sore but once the type R front is on and colour coded all will be good and will make the car look abit different and unique with the mixture of image pack, type R and standard.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Black alloys just look like the wheel trims have fallen off? Car looks great though. I need skirts on mine and to have it colour coded as hate the two tone paintwork.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts