2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Welcome. I too have a milano red fn2. Needs a front end respray due to laquer peel, scratches/stone chips. Aircon doesnt work either. Got a bit of a steal from a work colleague but as im only keeping it a few months, ill just run as is and then sell with a bit of profit hopefully!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Hood

Registered
2009 Civic Type R GT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before purchase there was lacquer peel on front bumper which previous owner had resprayed. Few stone chips here and there but for a 13 year old car all pretty good inside and out.
In good condition and decent milage i can only see the value going up.
What is the milage on yours?

Registered
Before purchase there was lacquer peel on front bumper which previous owner had resprayed. Few stone chips here and there but for a 13 year old car all pretty good inside and out.
In good condition and decent milage i can only see the value going up.
What is the milage on yours?
Just gone over 110k. Full serv hist and vtec kicks in as it should. Its rapid and a lot of fun! Used tomown an ep3 a few years back and forgot how fast these are

Registered
2009 Civic Type R GT
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Previous owner had replaced all decals and badges with R. I removed them and replaced them with original R. That picture was taken with decals removed.
Still undecided if I prefer with or without 馃
And thanks!

Registered
Hi all,

Fairly new here thought I'd post a couple of pics of my FN2 Type R GT.
Completely Stock at the moment other than carbon wrapped roof and Led interior lights. Plan on doing a few mods and upgrades. Will update post as I go!

Mike View attachment 326542
View attachment 326543

View attachment 326538
Previous owner had replaced all decals and badges with R. I removed them and replaced them with original R. That picture was taken with decals removed.
And thanks!
My favorite colour

Premium Member
And thanks!
Nothing much gets missed around here, it was not meant as a dig, one of mine had been replaced with a cheap white R one, that's why I noticed. I am still on the fence as with or without, previous had none, this one has, seems a bit OTT sometimes with all the Type R branding on it.

Registered
2009 Civic Type R GT
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not taken as 馃憤 Mine had been lacquered over on one side (the side I took off last) Needed wet sanding and polishing once removed.
I see you've done quite a bit to yours. Similar look to what I'm going for. Was going to go with the black Type R mud flaps. Would definitely remove the side decals then.
Is that 15mm front and 20mm back wheel spacers you have?

Premium Member
Yes, 15mm front and 20mm rear, took the Rally Flaps off, as once it was lowered on Eibach springs, it scraped on every speed bump where I live, sounded grim, even though it did no damage. Pick your mods wisely, as I am sure others on here will say, go for handling mods and basic breathing mods, anything else is just a money sink for little power, they are great cars IMO, enjoy it (y)

Registered
2009 Civic Type R GT
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers thanks for the info. Much appreciated 馃憤
I'm currently debating on Tegiwa carbon air box or doing the standard air box mod with a K&N filter. What's your thoughts?
No plan on having it mapped!

Super Moderator

Registered
2009 Civic Type R GT
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
or go HKS panel filter.
does same job just no messing with oil HKS Super Air Filter Honda UK FN2 Type-R
Thanks for the info.
I've done the air box mod today and ordered a K&N should arrive tomorrow will see how it goes.
Went for a drive after Modding the air box certainly a slightly deeper note with just the standard panel filter and seems to be a bit more responsive. 馃 the K&N makes further improvement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts