2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Just reading up on details of the MY2009 changes. Does anyone know for sure if the Type S GT comes with Parking Sensors as standard or will I still have to fork out £400 for them?

Also, will I be able to use the steering controls for the USB stick content?

Cheers

Jon

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
On the parking sensors, the little (Jan 09) Honda Civic booklet I picked up today says they are "Optional features" on all Type S, even the GT.

·
Space Cadet
32 Posts
I took delivery of my MY09 Type S GT a couple of weeks ago having been told the RPS was standard. They were not fitted. I showed the dealer the Paris Motor Show press release (available from Honda Media website) clearly stating that higher spec type S would have them as standard. After a week the dealer phoned to say Honda have agreed to fit them free of charge. When I ordered my car there were no brochures or website for MY09 so that was all we had to go on.
I suspect they have changed their mind since then.

see link

http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/uploads/presspacks/a1105075071505e1f127ae4911558879786f374d/Paris_MS_2008_press_pack.pdf

Lovely car though. I've just posted a review here you may find useful.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2009-civic/22547-my09-type-s-gt-ishift-review-newcomer.html

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Pleased to read that Honda did the honourable thing, Jutto. Nice car, and might well have chosen one myself had the company not insisted on diesels only.

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
I agree at least Honda did the honourable thing and they should be praised for that :)

Car does look good I agree :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Type S GT Rear Parking Sensors

I've phoned Honda UK to get this all cleared up. Unfortunately the 2009 Civic Type S GT does not now come with rear parking sensors contrary to the 2008 Press Pack!

Honda were going to fit them as standard to the GT spec but last March had a 'pricing restructure' and decided to drop them.

Dissapointing because they'll cost £400.00 as an optional extra!

Best haggle hard with the dealer to get them installed...!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I've phoned Honda UK to get this all cleared up. Unfortunately the 2009 Civic Type S GT does not now come with rear parking sensors contrary to the 2008 Press Pack!

Honda were going to fit them as standard to the GT spec but last March had a 'pricing restructure' and decided to drop them.

Absolutely do that - you read that it came with parking sensors and you expect to get it with parking sensors FOC :)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
...and how ridiculous to make them an extra in a car that is so hard to see out of when reversing!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

Honda price is well over the top, may I suggest that you look at private installers - they can do exactly the same job for about 1/2 the price - this is what I did AND colour coded too!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
colour coded too

Yeh - independent manufacturered parking sensors will cost about 50% less but usually it's extra for colour coding. Nice to hear you managed to get them Ccoded in for the price!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Havin just ordered a 09 type s gt the dealer was trying to get £450 for rps.
Decided against it as it is a luxury in a small car like this.
Do like gadgets though.

·
Registered
177 Posts

In Portugal (keep in mind that our market has specific models) there is only one spec for the Type S (the engine is the 1.4) and it comes with reverse parking sensors as standard. It's very disturbing to read that a GT spec does not have them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's rubbish that Honda UK dropped the parking sensors on the GT whereas Honda Germany (and Portugal by the sounds of it) decided to keep them as standard. British rip off as usual.

I had RPS added to my 09 GT, but the fit is bad. The visible sensors have an angle in them. It's like they were for a differently shaped bumper. They can't be pushed in. Anyone else had that problems with dealer fitted RPS?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i found out where my honda dealer gets the parking sensors fitted. i took my last civic there and paid £175 for parking sensors against a quote of £400+ at the dealers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am also just in the middle of a debate with my dealer and honduk I have forwarded all links to my dealer who are very keen to help me and even givin the garage jutto got his car from sorry ( for not asking jutto ) so my case is going through as we speak, will let you know the out come.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts