2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling my first FD2 back in 2014 I had an M5 last year,loved the M5 but the Irish tax is a joke €2000 a year,too much for the tiny miles I do! I found this late 2009 one owner from new FD2 with super low mileage (35k) to be fair it needed loads of tidying,bodywork and very straight and original but the previous owner just NEVER polished it so it went straight to A+ Detailing for near on a week of work,he transformed the car,paint came up like new,I had the original wheels powdercoated championship white but they're a PITA to keep clean so I found me a set of Works Emotion CR-KAI's in great condition,also got a nice Kakimoto cat back system which is absolutely class sounding,no noise on cruising but sounds angry when opened up,love these cars! Handle like a house fly and catch everyone's eyes,anyway I'll throw up a few pictures of her from last few weeks and I'll keep the thread updated when I get more bits for her :D

And this is how the car sits as of today with the Works wheels on,pics do them no justice they look unreal stood beside the car....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lovely car man. I had a same problem with my car. Body paint was in terrible condition. I dont understand people who own cars like that and they dont care about the car:/. Could you make some movie with kakimoto exhaust sound ? I have skunk2 catback and is very loud without silencer. For me is ok but in few weeks i will be a father and fd2 is my family car so maybe i will change my exhaust for something like you have. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovely car man. I had a same problem with my car. Body paint was in terrible condition. I dont understand people who own cars like that and they dont care about the car:/. Could you make some movie with kakimoto exhaust sound ? I have skunk2 catback and is very loud without silencer. For me is ok but in few weeks i will be a father and fd2 is my family car so maybe i will change my exhaust for something like you have. Thanks
Yeah the fella that owned my car didn't even realise,he said he kept it washed but I told him that colour specifically needs polished regularly,it was like a piece of chalk in some places when I got it,was a bit nervous till I seen it come back to life!! Will get you a video clip soon,the Skunk2 is loud ?? the Kakimoto is perfect,sitting at 60/70mph with these cars being low geared you don't want a drone,this exhaust is perfect don't even know it's on the car till you open her up :D

Thanks for the comments everyone :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Look's well Aidy, I sold you the exhaust ;)
How do you find the coil-overs compared to stock on the roads?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look's well Aidy, I sold you the exhaust ;)
How do you find the coil-overs compared to stock on the roads?
Yes lad,loving the exhaust :cool: Coilovers are great job handling wise,still a very solid ride but I need to soften the back struts yet they're still set to hard so that might help comfort! Are you selling a set of Works wheels atm??

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Try get a video of the exhaust I'm regretting selling and not fitting now :) :) :) Yeah I've a set of works there for sale too

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers lads! Received my service bits from Opie Oils last week
Fuchs 5w40
Mach Oil Filter
K&N Air Filter
NGK Iridium Plugs
RedLine 75w85 Gear Oil

The spark plugs are a bit of a PITA to fit but I wanted them done for peace of mind,glad I did now the originals were dirty enough looking for only doing 35k miles! Few more pics,sorry about the snapchat content lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts