2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
After nearly 2 years of great EP3 ownership I took the plunge and ordered a 59 plate FN2 GT in crystal black.
The big day arrived a couple of weeks ago when i picked her up. The dealership was about a 100 miles away from me and I drove up in the EP3 with the wife and drove back in the FN2 so I was able to do some direct comparisons.

Looks wise the cars couldnt be so different. The FN2 styling is both fabulous inside and out- but it is in the inside which has had the biggest impression on me. The car feels very upmarket compared to the EP3 (which i am sure you all agree). It does take the edge off the driving experience as the engine sound doesnt really come through at low revs, which makes the car a lot more liveable. Driving wise the car feels much more planted on the ground and the biggest failings of the previous car, namely brakes and steering, are significantly improved. Engine and gearbox remain as strong as ever.
The EP3 was always a thrill to drive but after a long journey it did make you feel glad to get to the other end. With the FN2 it doesnt have the same impact, which I think is helped by the amazing seats (which I think are a big step forward). Also, the extras on the 09 model are fab- got HID's, usb port and ambient lighting.

All in all 350 miles in the car is definitely growing on me and definitely gets the looks- there arent too many around where I live which helps.

Mods wise- as Mr Honda intended but with front and rear splitters, badge kit and some sunshades for the baby!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
this been posted on the CTROwners website aswell? quality car hopefully picking up the front splitters soon myself.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Looks great.

I turned 2000 miles in mine today and have loved every one of them.

I really want those splitters though! :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Great car matey, I've just clocked 500 in my crystal black CTR. Also loving the usb port, just popped a usb stick into my PS3 and copied over my music, voila 60 albums in my car.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
i've got a 59 plate but havent noticed the ambient lighting...where is it? do you have to turn it on?
They come on with the lights, very subtle ..... I didn't think they existed either so got my head in the footwell and the red light comes out of a blue cover!?! odd!

·
Administrator
19,173 Posts
Very nice car :)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hi Guys
After nearly 2 years of great EP3 ownership I took the plunge and ordered a 59 plate FN2 GT in crystal black.
The big day arrived a couple of weeks ago when i picked her up. The dealership was about a 100 miles away from me and I drove up in the EP3 with the wife and drove back in the FN2 so I was able to do some direct comparisons.

Looks wise the cars couldnt be so different. The FN2 styling is both fabulous inside and out- but it is in the inside which has had the biggest impression on me. The car feels very upmarket compared to the EP3 (which i am sure you all agree). It does take the edge off the driving experience as the engine sound doesnt really come through at low revs, which makes the car a lot more liveable. Driving wise the car feels much more planted on the ground and the biggest failings of the previous car, namely brakes and steering, are significantly improved. Engine and gearbox remain as strong as ever.
The EP3 was always a thrill to drive but after a long journey it did make you feel glad to get to the other end. With the FN2 it doesnt have the same impact, which I think is helped by the amazing seats (which I think are a big step forward). Also, the extras on the 09 model are fab- got HID's, usb port and ambient lighting.

All in all 350 miles in the car is definitely growing on me and definitely gets the looks- there arent too many around where I live which helps.

Mods wise- as Mr Honda intended but with front and rear splitters, badge kit and some sunshades for the baby!
Haha, I think I know where you picked your car up from!!!....somewhere in the West Midlands maybe???

If it's where I think it is, I pick my CTR up from there (via Drivethedeal) in about 3 hours time, woohoo...:p

Just gotta endure the 80 mile drive with my pensioner mother in her little Fiat Panda 1st...... I think I'll offer to drive, or else the dealer might be shut before we get there! [smilie=nope.gif]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts