2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The quest for perfection!
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, was looking after to giving my car a proper detailing (wash) session but then someone knocked on the door.

The guy reversed into me. I was gonna go bananas but stayed clam (much of my surprise) since he was really nice and very sorry.

Baby in repair soon......

Attachments

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
!

Well thats a very weird dent o_O

None of the wheel arch plastic clips broke or anything? what did he reverse into you with o_O!

Glad its getting sorted though..nothing like your baby having a sore cheek!

·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
!

Well thats a very weird dent o_O

None of the wheel arch plastic clips broke or anything? what did he reverse into you with o_O!

Glad its getting sorted though..nothing like your baby having a sore cheek!
Yeah, he reversed into me. The car was parked. Just went to repair shop to estimate the damage. the guy said its pretty straight forward but it needs a new bumper(grey) part and should take a week.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Just actually looked at my car to see the size of panel you might need...OUCH! >_<

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Yerh the amount of honest people left in the world is dwindling about the same rate as careless people are increasing.

The paint/metal defo needs looking at, but I would question how much you really need new bumper trim bits. I've always found that repair garages always say you need new trims when infact they are fine, and just need buffing out. But it depends how much looking like new you want it, and if you are not paying you probably dont care too much.
You might even take the oppotunity to get the trims all color coded...? :) Trying to take a positive spin on this

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Someone reversed into me before and never let on...just left some red plastic from one of there lights or something shattered about the front of my car

then I went into someone :roll: and ended up getting new bumper, wing and wheel arch etc etc etc etc etc...it was expensive :(

·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yerh the amount of honest people left in the world is dwindling about the same rate as careless people are increasing.

The paint/metal defo needs looking at, but I would question how much you really need new bumper trim bits. I've always found that repair garages always say you need new trims when infact they are fine, and just need buffing out. But it depends how much looking like new you want it, and if you are not paying you probably dont care too much.
You might even take the oppotunity to get the trims all color coded...? :) Trying to take a positive spin on this
tried it but didn't work:(. I have never been in this kinda of situation before but must say the whole insurance process is pretty good.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
gutting

just make sure you check all the shut lines for overspray some bob the builders have a habbit of leaving a nice spray lip when they use either the masking tape or foam edge,if its going through the insurance dont sign the paperwork from the bodyshop untill you are happy.hope it turns out well good luck.

·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just make sure you check all the shut lines for overspray some bob the builders have a habbit of leaving a nice spray lip when they use either the masking tape or foam edge,if its going through the insurance dont sign the paperwork from the bodyshop untill you are happy.hope it turns out well good luck.
will do, cheers for advise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts