2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so spent sat fitting a double din radio i bought the xtrons td717g from ebay,Its not the best fitting radio but i am still working on thae but i did managed to get all steering controls working with this unit by spicing into the impuls leads,also fitted 2 tvs into the civic headrests,still loads to do ie changing speaker ect but am on a very tight buget so its slow going:D
pics to follow

also managed to get some honda sunshades for £55 well happy

Reactions: judderman

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Sounds great buddy. Pics of the TV's would be great and how you connected them. Thinking of doing this for my kids. Have you linke the headrest Tv's to your system? Can you send me a link of what and where you bought the headrest units fomr pls?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
so spent sat fitting a double din radio i bought the xtrons td717g from ebay,Its not the best fitting radio but i am still working on thae but i did managed to get all steering controls working with this unit by spicing into the impuls leads,also fitted 2 tvs into the civic headrests,still loads to do ie changing speaker ect but am on a very tight buget so its slow going:D
pics to follow

also managed to get some honda sunshades for £55 well happy
Looking good more than interested to see how you got the steering controls working.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

sorry for bad phone photos

Reactions: judderman

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: LeonMaxim

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bit nerve racking cutting the headrest but yes easy enought to fit ,it took about twenty mins fit do each side

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Cool. I'll give it a try. Maybe yourself or Bog can help. I have a pioneer avic f930bt installed with freeview conected up. Can I get some sort of adapter to connect 2 more RCA leads for the screens?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I am really confused... I thought that the Climate Control screen didnt work without the patch leads and stuff from Impulse?

What wiring did you have to do to get the Xtrons HU to fit? How does it look in the flesh, it doesnt look to sit overly flush on that picture?

Good work getting it to fit and work mate! Liking the head rest TV's too :)

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am really confused... I thought that the Climate Control screen didnt work without the patch leads and stuff from Impulse?

What wiring did you have to do to get the Xtrons HU to fit? How does it look in the flesh, it doesnt look to sit overly flush on that picture?

Good work getting it to fit and work mate! Liking the head rest TV's too :)

no you miss understand I bought all the implus wires but not the set patch lead(ie sony,jvc ect) I then spliced into the implus kit to get the steering controls working
it does sit far out which I am going to look at as i dont like how far out it is :worms: I will be doing this very soon and mounting it further back as its just to plates that need adjusting

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Ahh I see, do impulse do a wiring set for these or did you just get like a Kenwood wiring and make it work?

I am very confused by this, you're only in Burnley how long did it take you? I'd pay you to do mine if you want haha!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.