2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CTR likes to make a groaning noise..

It happens on a journey home.. about 4 minutes in.. and always on the same stretch. What happens is i come down a hill, stop in traffic (on the uphill but not that steep!) I crawl from stationary.. every time I pull off.. the car groans??? I thought it was the brake pads rubbing from when I came to a stop but its not.. Im worried as it sounds like its coming from the engine!

Its a 57plate with 13k.. and only used twice a week as my BMW's the main car. What could it be.. cold engine.. Does anybody elses do this?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
mine done this aswell in the past when i left it on the driveway for a week. seem to be coming from the suspension mines a 57 plate aswell but i havent noticed it since, as mines driven most days.

·
Registered
698 Posts
ive noticed this on my car as well think a trip to the stealers is in order

·
Registered
340 Posts
mine does this too, but only if it hasn't moved overnight and has only started when I got my rear pads changed so guessing they just need run in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least its common.. thought it was just mine.. I'll take a ttrip to the stealers and keep u guys informed! :)

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
My CTR likes to make a groaning noise..

It happens on a journey home.. about 4 minutes in.. and always on the same stretch. What happens is i come down a hill, stop in traffic (on the uphill but not that steep!) I crawl from stationary.. every time I pull off.. the car groans??? I thought it was the brake pads rubbing from when I came to a stop but its not.. Im worried as it sounds like its coming from the engine!

Its a 57plate with 13k.. and only used twice a week as my BMW's the main car. What could it be.. cold engine.. Does anybody elses do this?
i have had this too...my dads a mechanic and says its just the suspension after the the car has been stationary all night and not to worry as thats the only time it really does it!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
i have had this too...my dads a mechanic and says its just the suspension after the the car has been stationary all night and not to worry as thats the only time it really does it!!
really? i'm not surprised...... but think your dad has the diagnosis wrong with yours though :p

·
1,839 Posts
really? i'm not surprised...... but think your dad has the diagnosis wrong with yours though :p
haha...where is the doctor in this house???
what might mine be then jonny??:rolleyes:

·
1,839 Posts
erm.... were you an about your car in the first place like??? sorry obv an error on my part
haha... is this not a car forum and is this thread not called car moaning??:rolleyes:
what did you think i was talking about??:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts