2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some little *CENSORED* has keyed my lovely car. Why bother?!?! Whats the point!??! Really really angry.
Anyone know how to get this repaired? will be calling the dealership to get a quote for repairs. Will keep you all posted. [smilie=damn.gif] [smilie=hate.gif]

Edit: Heres the pic.

·
Registered
421 Posts
sorry to hear that mate, you must be really gutted. i have afew surface scratches on mine and that is bad enough.
let me know how you get on, whether the dealership does it under warrenty etc. XX

·
Registered
336 Posts
Andrea said:
sorry to hear that mate, you must be really gutted. i have afew surface scratches on mine and that is bad enough.
let me know how you get on, whether the dealership does it under warrenty etc. XX
Bad new, some people really are sick and evil.

It won't be a warranty job though as it's not the fault of the dealer or Honda.

Best you can do is claim on your insurance, if it covers vandalism (which some don't)

Ian

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
What a downer. Really sorry to hear that KHO. Getting keyed has always been one of my greatest fears with a new car. I think it's purely jealousy on somebody's part.

Was it parked close to where you live? Or up on the pavement somewhere?

Once, when I lived in Wimbledon, one side of the street woke up to find that nearly every car parked there had been sprayed with blue car paint. Basically, along the whole length of each car. My dad's included.

Needless to say, if anyone had caught them doing it, I think there would have been a lynch mob!

Whole thing sucks big time. Where I live now (in Budapest, Hungary) they even spray/tag newly decorated houses. And I'm not talking apartment buildings, but 2 up 2 down ordinary houses that the owner has just spent a week doing up!

Makes me cry it really does. Actually, I'm mad just reading your post, so I can only begin to imagine how you feel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I really don't understand why someone would do it. I was visiting a friend on which appeared to be on a quiet hidden away street. Was the last place I expected to get keyed. Although there were some kids/young teens who were eyeing me up when I got out of the car but thought nothing of it. Oh Well. Theres nothing you can do except catch the bugger if he/she tries it again and give em a piece of my mind aswel as my foot.

Called the dealership will take it in tmr for an estimate. will also try and sort out the ding in my driver's side door where some obese child was too big to squeeze out of her door without hitting mine and knocked her door ino the crease of my door. Oh the pain. I discovered it after she left tho or she woulda paid for that aswel. GRrr. Is it me or does no one else seem to respect the new civic??

·
Registered
336 Posts
kho said:
Yeah I really don't understand why someone would do it. I was visiting a friend on which appeared to be on a quiet hidden away street. Was the last place I expected to get keyed. Although there were some kids/young teens who were eyeing me up when I got out of the car but thought nothing of it. Oh Well. Theres nothing you can do except catch the bugger if he/she tries it again and give em a piece of my mind aswel as my foot.

Called the dealership will take it in tmr for an estimate. will also try and sort out the ding in my driver's side door where some obese child was too big to squeeze out of her door without hitting mine and knocked her door ino the crease of my door. Oh the pain. I discovered it after she left tho or she woulda paid for that aswel. GRrr. Is it me or does no one else seem to respect the new civic??
It's just a lack of respect full stop!

·
Registered
745 Posts
No words on here are going to mend your "pride and joy" but perhaps the kind thoughts of other members will bring a LITTLE joy at this dark time.
Catch them (it?) and then what?
You have been a naughty person- please don't do it again. Here is £15 to pay for your bus fare. etc.

Very hard luck and good luck with the repair

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Like everyone else on here, I'm really sorry for the damage to your car.

The do--gooders will say the culprits were bored. So thats alright then !!!! :cry:

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news. I'm tempted to think that if someone did this to my car it might be best if I didn't catch them. There are few lower than those who cause wilful damage to the property of others through jealousy, or because they get some other perverted kick from it.

Several years ago I scratched my Fiat Punto quite seriously on a sharp edge; I called my local 'Chips Away' franchise and they treated it very well, its appearence was reduced by about 90%. I'm guessing that your car is nearly new though, so it might be best to get the most professional job available through the dealer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kho - sorry to hear about this. does make one think twice about buying a new car at times. anyway hope it won't cost too much to repair.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I saw someone doing this to me or to any one I will not leave him until handed over to the police

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Sorry to hear your news. I can't understand the mentality of people these days. Hope the repairs don't cost too much.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's terrible luck - absolutely mindless scumbags that did that - your pic. makes me cringe especially since I have the same colour. Makes you scared to leave your car out anywhere.
Where did this diabolical deed happen - street, car park or .................. ??

Definitely a job for a skilled bodyshop to get it restored as new.

Hope you soon get it fixed and never have to suffer the likes of again.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Scratch their eyes out I would, little gits (that's polite) - REALLY sorry mate, feel bad enough just looking at it on here, hope you can get it sorted :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats so out of order.

I, of course wouldn't hand them over to the police, just kick seven shades out of them.

Hanging is too good.

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
My heart goes out to you - It's so very sad isn't it?

... and just think, the perpertrator will own a decent car him(or her)self one day and will probably be apoplectic if the same thing happens to them....... 8)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry to hear about that

I have had someone have ago at my bonnet. I was lucky they didnt use a key and the scratches have polished out. It was was a big circle over the whole bonnet. Also had someone carlessly walk past and scratch the wing with the end of an arrow in their quiver (I am an archer). That one has just about polished out, couple more goes and it should disappear

:( :( :(

These people that do these things on purpose are b*($££*$s

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
What goes around, comes around. Hopefully the little bugger will one day find his Max Power Corsa on bricks or something.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts