2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I looked at the right hand side of my car I saw the worst thing I could have hoped to have seen. Some mindless imbecile had decided to scratch nearly the whole right hand side of my car, starting from the front door along until the rear panel. It's heartbreaking to see!

I went to my dealer, who are just fantastic at offering help to me for any little thing I ask them, to see what could be done. The pictures don't show it too well but the scratch is too deep to polish out. They have told me that it will cost about 3000pln ( about £600 ) to have it all resprayed.

This means that I now have to contact my insurance company, leasing company and when they finally give the go ahead I have to be without my car for about a week and I won't be getting a courtesy car as it's not written into my insurance policy as it's not exactly standard over here just yet. The whole thing is going to take an age to get down and I am so angry I think I will have to change my avator to 'unHappyman' ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Oh Dear, I am so sorry HM. ( THE ******)
No comfort to you I know, but £600 seems reasonable.
Surely, as you have a good relationship with your dealer, they will lend you a car for the duration.

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Dear, I am so sorry HM. ( THE ******)
No comfort to you I know, but £600 seems reasonable.
Surely, as you have a good relationship with your dealer, they will lend you a car for the duration.
I'm working on the owner regarding the courtesy car ;)

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B********.
Gutted for you Gareth!!
Hope you get it fixed asap
If it was me I would want to kill them!!!
I'll have an extra pint for you on Friday to make you feel better.
Actually when I saw it i simply gasped at the horror that I saw as was surprisingly silent.

Thanks for having an extra pint on Friday to make me feel better, Robbo ;):)

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is just so time consuming to arrange everything but the dealer has been fantastic and offered to help me with the assessor from the insurance company as over here insurance isn't straight forward when you make a claim and so any help you can get from the dealer is very greatly received.

I just can't understand why anyone would want to do it, really I don't!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Sickening! Feel for you HM. :(

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
VINCENT:
I just wish I caught 'em doin' it,
ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything
to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been
worth his doin' it, if I coulda
just caught 'em, you know what I
mean?

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
497 Posts
That's sad! I think you need to place a sticker on your Civic. Something like "You touch my car — I break your neck!" ;).

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Man, that is really sad! I hope you're sorted soon.

I would cry rivers if I found my car like that in the morning. If I knew who did it I would be calling my boss telling him that I had to work from prison next coming 10 years :)

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Next few nights you will probably be sleepless.

Stand guard at your window, with a gun, and other useful anti-A-hole items

Really really really feel gutted for you, would hate for someone to come along and scratch mine ¬_¬ would be in rage mode

1 - 20 of 62 Posts