2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I have been on quite a mission with my FN2.

I had some more mods today and thought it would be a good time to compare my FN2's power now to Jan this year when is was stock.

AMAZING GAINS!

What you think? :p

PS BUILD THREAD COMING SOON

Attachments

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Did you get your toad tb and the rrc fitted today ash? Dyne looks good matey. Nice gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get your toad tb and the rrc fitted today ash? Dyne looks good matey. Nice gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes both, TODA TB made no real difference when fitted to the stock manifold, I imagine that might be a gas flow issue, we ran out of time to check TBs on the RRC manifold sadly.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would ever risk to say it would not produce anything without upgraded cams also...
Agreed, but in my application it didnt when the stock manifold was on, it could well be a different story with A3 cams and the RRC manifold.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I have reached a point of NA tuning now that anymore power is going to cost a bomb. I feel the only real option in terms of value for money is forced induction so that is the route I will be taking, if any going forward.

The car is pulling really well.

It reminds me of TDI Norths FN2 now, obviously its not as powerful as it , but it feels as responsive as the TDI North FN2 now.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I think I have reached a point of NA tuning now that anymore power is going to cost a bomb. I feel the only real option in terms of value for money is forced induction so that is the route I will be taking, if any going forward.

The car is pulling really well.

It reminds me of TDI Norths FN2 now, obviously its not as powerful as it , but it feels as responsive as the TDI North FN2 now.
I got more or less the same configuration with A3s and 11.7:1 and I'm getting over 20hp on flywheel more (approximate 18hp on hub), so you didn't reach the top of N/A :D ;) Force induction - yeah, but you can take out the Type-R badge ;)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I got more or less the same configuration with A3s and 11.7:1 and I'm getting over 20hp on flywheel more (approximate 18hp on hub), so you didn't reach the top of N/A :D ;) Force induction - yeah, but you can take out the Type-R badge ;)
With all due respect I dont fully trust flywheel numbers. 222bhp @ hubs x 1.112 = 245bhp @flywheel as a guess.

I havent reached the top of NA correct, but Im not prepared to spend the money to get there nor am I prepared to up the compression ratio or change the cams i already got fitted. I'd rather charge it.

I havent decided to do anymore more yet, just saying if I do its a charger

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Pretty strong car ash.

F1le with your CTR is a different story, you have more comp ratio and more agressive cams, just better set up you have.
Please let have enjoy ash car...

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Pretty strong car ash.

F1le with your CTR is a different story, you have more comp ratio and more agressive cams, just better set up you have.
Please let have enjoy ash car...
Yes, but I just want to give the opinion what is the influence of a little upgraded compression and different cams. Didn't want to make any kind of discussion something is good, something is bad.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, but I just want to give the opinion what is the influence of a little upgraded compression and different cams. Didn't want to make any kind of discussion something is good, something is bad.
I didnt take it that way mate, I appreciate your input. :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
No problem ;)

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Looking good dude..u trying to catch up with me?! :p oj

Cant wait to see this build thread

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Are you using 98 RON with that compression ratio?

I don't know how you have upgraded your compression, but I'm guessing that if it was pistons with cams would cost £3,000+ including labour?

I think what Ash is meaning is that you could get a lot more bang for your buck for this amount of money.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think what Ash is meaning is that you could get a lot more bang for your buck for this amount of money.
Yes and if i up the compression ratio ill have to put it back if I charge it

1 - 20 of 57 Posts