2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my hands on a little carbon vinyl so thought I would have a go at a couple things.
1st thing was external door pilars.

After doing them, I thought to myself that wasnt too hard, and had a go at the dial surrounds.

That was a bit more of a challenge but after some swearing, and burning my fingers with the hairdryer, I think it turned out not too bad.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Looks really well buddy :) I did mine a while back & makes a hell of a difference;) then swapped it over for my chuckle brother ( coste1l) for his standard one as he wanted it wrapping & still haven't got back round to doing mine again :( but it looks a top job matey :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
Looks really well buddy :) I did mine a while back & makes a hell of a difference;) then swapped it over for my chuckle brother ( coste1l) for his standard one as he wanted it wrapping & still haven't got back round to doing mine again :( but it looks a top job matey :D

lazy bugger what you been doing ;)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Haha :) was going to do it today but me fingers are killing for some reason :(

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Looking good Jamie. I'm not a huge fan of carbon wrap but you have done some nice subtle touches with this

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
dont know why these dont come like that standard

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Looks good bud.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good Jamie. I'm not a huge fan of carbon wrap but you have done some nice subtle touches with this
Got a couple wee bits that I wanna do that may or may not pay off but will post them up when they are done to get peoples thoughts on them

Looks brill wish I dare do mine but I'm chicken
just got to take your time, actually pretty easy as long as you have something to heat it with

Looks really good, was this the first time you tried wrapping?
Yeah 1st time I had done anythin like that, the pillars where a piece of cake, the dial surrounds where more tricky, hardest part was spitting the 2 parts to enable you to wrap round the edges. but even that wasnt that hard. like mentioned above, as long as you take your time and have a hair dryer or heat gun you would be surprised at just how easy it is.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
what wrap did you use and how much did it cost??

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comments troops. It is 3M di-noc stuff, not sure what it costs, my mate had a few bits that I acquired from him. Can find out for you if you want.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts