2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With a little delay I present our car ( me and my life ) in this forum - Civic FN2 Type R GT Black 2007
[/IMG]

Summer rims are 18 inch OZ Ultraleggera
Winter rims are 17 OEM

First thing I did after buying was to change spark plugs
[/IMG]
[/url]

I'm glad there is a forum like this and I will update the topic with time.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Good looking car (GP splitters?) and nice summer wheels there - OZ are lovely. Wish I had some winter wheels and tyres today!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Тhanks :) Yes, GP splitters and OZ wheels.Their weight is very low but they curve very easily.If you see a hole on the street you stop 10 meters ahead of her :grin2: They are soft and are for good roads.

I am generally happy with car but there are things I still can not understand.I hear a whining that I can not tell where is.Belt and tensioner have been changed, new MTF oil in gearbox, new sprak plugs, alternator check - ok, pcv is ok, valve clearance ok, clutch is ok, I've not checked just the air conditioner compressor... is that normal for this cars ? Could it be the differential bearings ?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Diagnosing a noise online is almost impossible! It depends on what kind of whine it is, does it change under acceleration or braking, where it is etc. I've not heard of diff bearings making a whine on an FN2, but hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon who could help...

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Really can't decide to fit my GP splitter or not!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You're right Tommy, sorry for my stupid question:) I've a little whine of all gears which increases with speed. I do not hear it at high speed ( its normal ), may be in 1500-3500rmp is best heard. When I disconnect from speed, i also have whine.I do not have a gear problem with 3th, 5th and oil in gearbox is new OEM. I was thinking about for wheel hub but he rather rumbles may be not whine... For now I just drive and after the holidays I will take more seriously to find annoying whine.

Danith, GP splitters for me are very beautiful and go to this car.This is my opinion.

·
CTR
538 Posts
Very nice. GP Kit is nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts