2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I had my 2012 i-Dtec I've played music through the head unit by plugging my iPhone 6S into the USB.
It works perfectly most of the time, with decent enough sound and album covers and song information displayed on the dash. Great.

One weird phenomenon that I get, however is that Radio 4 will randomly cut in.
I'll just be driving along listening to music then it goes straight to Radio 4 in the same way you would expect if there was a traffic announcement, however, it happens completely randomly, not for traffic.
The odd thing is that I don't even have R4 tuned in!

Please tell me I'm not the only one and there's a solution?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Sounds like your car is more cultured than you :D

Have you checked the top right of the I-mid? It's not just Traffic reports you can select, but also news and such.

Traffic is TP, then there are the news and one other that I can't remember of the top of my head. It's worth having a look in the manual to make sure all of the auto tune-ins are off.

Other than that, is there a common theme in what is playing when it tunes in? Does the phone lose connection to the unit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your car is more cultured than you :D
It may well be, haha

Have you checked the top right of the I-mid? It's not just Traffic reports you can select, but also news and such.
Traffic is TP, then there are the news and one other that I can't remember of the top of my head.
I didn't know this!

It's worth having a look in the manual to make sure all of the auto tune-ins are off.
I don't have a manual but I'll check the settings.

Other than that, is there a common theme in what is playing when it tunes in? Does the phone lose connection to the unit?
No it can be anything, interviews, discussions, book reviews...
The phone stays connected and if I hit Select to flick the input back to USB my music kicks back in immediately.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check tomorrow and get back to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts