2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im a new member.

Just thought i would share some pictures with you of my civic. Tell me what you think.

Ive upgraded the alloy wheels which some nice 20"!! :)

Ive heard that a lot of people are having problems with an ipod solution. What i ended up doing, was intergrating an equaliser into the compartment above the gearstick and connecting my ipod through there. It sounds great!!

For anyone that is wanting to upgrade their speaker system, I really recommend putting in an equaliser. It really really does make a difference!!!

I have upgraded my speakers (Kenwoods TS range), but it took a lot of work to do that. I had to trim down the insides of the door panels to get them in.

I put my amp inside the space saver wheel compartment which is connected to two JL subs. It sounds amazin!

Have a look.

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Very nice! Tell us more about how you connected the ipod and how you connected the equalizer. What make is the equalizer?

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Equaliser

The equaliser is HELIX 300. You can get any equaliser, kenwood do some gd ones.

From the back of the factory fitted head unit you use a line out converter to get 2 RCA pre outs which then connects to the equaliser.

Now conventionally, all you speakers and subs which connect to the headunit, but now they connect to the equaliser.

All equalisers come with an AUX out, which then can be used for an ipod connection. I connected a AUX ipod kit, which allows it to charge and play music. Very cheap to by the kit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very nice, good to see some aftermarket alloys on a civ.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Those alloys are wicked [smilie=yum.gif] .. looks awesome...

How much did you pay for your alloys..???

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheels

The package was around £1300, but not bad for 20". Tell u the truth, the tyres cost more than the alloys. Pirelli - PZero

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lexus LS460

That is the new lexus LS460. It is an amazin car. It just came out last week... The first auto park car ( as in it does park itself) lol. It has an 8 speed gear box. It is a mean machine.

You can find more info on it from the lexus website!

Another great car!

·
Registered
580 Posts
ouch ouch, that new lexus is the ****Z!!!!, crazyness

Mate, your car is sweeet(Y), looks so much better in day light compared to it in night, last time you came round I swear it didnt look as nice, but those pics are brilliant!

:)Dan

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
awesome wheels looks suitable black car with cool wheels what the wheel make by ? Is you put lower on or standerd ? I am planning to get 20" later on :cool:

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Don't have to say that NHB is fab..
Those wheels are fab too! Love them!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Agree with Meino - terrific wheels and, from an MR fan, the next best colour(!!) but a great car anyway, so enjoy - I hope every mile is a smile.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
wow those wheels are very bling, very nice

i like the idea about the equaliser, very interesting:cool:

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I've got one of those helix eq in a drawer in the house - didn't know where to put it! - used to have it in my HR-V - have you wired it up to an amp or just the head unit? Do you still have control from steering wheel on volume?

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That helix eq is the best box of tricks ive used. That particular one is quite expensive, vary rare to have a 7volt pre out.

You can use your factory head unit, by using a line out reducer. Using this you connect the head unit to the equaliser. If you want to use an amp, The rca interconnects go from the equaliser to the amp, and from the amp to the speakers.

You still have control of the headunit from the steering wheel. Everything still works the same as before, but just a few more buttons to play with.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts