2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up my 116i Sport in Mineral Grey yesterday. :)

haven't had a proper long drive yet but so far loving it.

first ever brand new car and loving the new car smell. :)

found the Supagard UltraPro aftercare kit in the boot too. *jackpot*

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. :)

I went for the Sport trim over the M Sport as i prefer the alloys and the interior for the Sport over the M Sport one.

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice wheels and colour choice. ?

Have you had it in sport mode yet?
had it in Sport mode during test drive but since it has been raining since i picked her up, i will wait until when it's a dry day to drive it in the Sport mode again... also i am really tempting to try the Sport+ mode. (didn't try that during test drive as i did't want to crash the dealer's car) haha

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
had it in Sport mode during test drive but since it has been raining since i picked her up, i will wait until when it's a dry day to drive it in the Sport mode again... also i am really tempting to try the Sport+ mode. (didn't try that during test drive as i did't want to crash the dealer's car) haha

My wife has the 116 sporthatch and every time I'm in it I stick the sport mode on.

You can feel the suspension stiffen and the pedal becomes more responsive.

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife has the 116 sporthatch and every time I'm in it I stick the sport mode on.

You can feel the suspension stiffen and the pedal becomes more responsive.
Yeah, it def more responsive.

Also found out the sport mode doesn't tell you when you need to shift up a gear. :)

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Finally found this gallery page hidden in the depths of the forum, your car looks awesome, hopefully in the better weather we can all get that Aberdeen meet going again and do a proper drive this time. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else has traded in think one or two were talking about changing cars last time.

Just need to get your 'car' description on your avatar updated now ;)

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Very nice car mate, lots of people are going for the bm after a civic must be a good choice :D

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice car mate, lots of people are going for the bm after a civic must be a good choice :D
Thanks. :)

i was looking into the 9G 1.8 at one point but for the same spec as my 8G 1.8 and added all the bits to match the deal i got for my beemer, it's actually more expensive to get the 9G civic than the 116i Sport. (both with the current offers available)

even just base on financial POV is already a better choice if you buy new, so there was a no brainer in my case. :)

do miss the speedo of the civic tho.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Yep same here I still have to glance constantly at the gauge to make sure I'm doing the right speed. I thought about using a HUD app and leaving my phone on the dashboard, but that starts to get complicated.

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, specially when you are on a bend and the steering wheel was blocking the speedo. haha

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Thanks. :)

i was looking into the 9G 1.8 at one point but for the same spec as my 8G 1.8 and added all the bits to match the deal i got for my beemer, it's actually more expensive to get the 9G civic than the 116i Sport. (both with the current offers available)

even just base on financial POV is already a better choice if you buy new, so there was a no brainer in my case. :)

do miss the speedo of the civic tho.
When I was looking into changing the main thing that put me off the 9G was the steering wheel and if the bm is the same price as you say it's kind of a no brainer but I agree I would miss my speedo and spaceship dash

1 - 20 of 28 Posts