2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just thought i'd share this with you, this is the state of my car after my crash yesterday. i'm just thankful i didn't have my wife and kids in the car(they are quite young, both in car seats) luckily everyone walked away from it and the only injuries i am suffering with are neck and back.

car travelling in the opposite direction to me swerved into my lane smashing in the whole offside of my car and causing slight damage to the nearside where i bounced off the barrier. we were both doing 40mph.

Drivers seat and curtain airbag deployed and a small crease in the b post

what do you guys think write off?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
hi everyone just thought i'd share this with you, this is the state of my car after my crash yesterday. i'm just thankful i didn't have my wife and kids in the car(they are quite young, both in car seats) luckily everyone walked away from it and the only injuries i am suffering with are neck and back.
How young is your missus that she requires a car seat :D

Sorry couldn't resist - gutted for you :(

Glad everyone is OK :)

I recon that's a write off - the chassis will be twisted :(

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
bloody hell, glad everyone was okay, gutted for you

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
It's always difficult to tell if cars are write offs. Modern cars are designed in a way to absorb all the impact of the crash and spread it around the bodywork, so they end up looking a lot worse then they are.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I'd guess that'd be write off, at least it's not your fault eh! How did the other person manage that?! I would have been LIVID!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Looks like a write off. Glad everyone walked away too.

Sorry to see what has happened to your car.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone.
I don't know what she was playing at. It was almost as if she aimed for me. it was a single carriageway and she was going in the opposite direction and just swerved straight into me. after the accident she told police that she had passed out!

Even if the chassis isn't twisted i still think there's a good chance its a write of because of the crease in the b post it will definitely need pulling out. Honda parts can be pretty expensive too.

My finance company have given me a settlement figure of around 7k so if its a write off lets hope its worth more or i'll be paying the difference.

i reckon its worth around 8k......57 plate 1.8 fsh with 40k??

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
That'll T-cut out, no probs!

Nah, I think you'll be lucky if it's not a write-off. A friend of mine crashed his Accord, and all the airbags deployed. He was quoted £2k just to replace them, before any other repairs were factored into it.

Regarding the finance, did you get gap insurance? Well worth checking your paperwork, cos that covers any difference if your car is written off and you don't get the full amount to clear the finance from your insurance company.

Failing that, you could just buy another car from the insurance money, and carry on paying the finance. Don't see why this wouldn't be an option.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
2007 model - some airbags deployed - B pillar dented (sill buckled ?) - most of the right side needs replaced - some damage to the left as well ...

I'd say write-off - but, if there is no "hidden" damage (structural \ suspension \ etc.) then it may be economically repairable - but, I wouldn't hold my breath ...

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
That front wheel looks pretty scuffed up, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least some minor suspension damage there.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Even if the chassis isn't twisted i still think there's a good chance its a write of because of the crease in the b post it will definitely need pulling out. Honda parts can be pretty expensive too.

My finance company have given me a settlement figure of around 7k so if its a write off lets hope its worth more or i'll be paying the difference.

i reckon its worth around 8k......57 plate 1.8 fsh with 40k??
I think thats it, the insurance company would look at the total cost of repair and decide if its economical to repair or not and declare if it's a write-off in that way.

It may well be possible to repair and return the car to road as it may not have terminal damage, i.e. Cat A or B, but like you said original parts cost a fortune especially for newish cars and so therefore may be just cheaper for them to replace the car.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It just shows you how strong these car are these days! I saw a CTR on tv that crashed at 100mph and flipped over a 6ft hedge, hitting a bungalow roof and landed in their drive way. The guy crawed out alive.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
gutted mate glad your ok
silly woman driver

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been looking on autotrader and have found similar cars to mine going from anywhere between £7500-£10k its difficult to guess what the insurance are going to value it at if it's a write off as i said before my finance settlement figure is £7k. i spoke to the garage earlier and they have unofficialy guesstimated the parts initially at around £4-5k so after labour and any other extras it seems almost certain to be a write off. i hope i wont be the one who is out of pocket. still in shock just glad i was in a civic they are built like tanks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts