2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my modfiication buying habbits usually happen around this time on a Saturday or Sunday night. Perhaps as the Mrs is in bed, I'm left downstairs with a few beers, or in my case, cider's a long with my wallet.

Having highly modified my last car (Type R EP3) it's not taken me long to start on my new type R. Worked out today I've owned my new type r for just under two months but I'm happy at the progress I've started to make.

Current list;

Rages, bought separately to car purchase
Heko's
Sumo Oil Cap
HKS Rad Cap
HKS RSK
HKS Replacement Filter (Red)
Carbon Roof/mirrors
Samco Hose's (coolant), not fitted yet
Samco Hose's (breather), not fitted yet
Skunk Gear Knob. not fitted yet
Battery Strap (rick R), not fitted yet
Interior Lighting (rick R),not fitted yet
Upgraded Bulbs
Type r grill badge £6

Next Up - possibly in this order
Flashpro
Drilled Disks & New Pads
Do Luck Brake lines
Tien Springs
Miltek Exhaust

With the about what sort of performance would you'd expect I'd be pushing 220 - 230 bhp?

& before you state, I know I'm not goint to get performance from bulbs and heko's.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Look at my sig for mods and I got 226!

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
agreed matey, but probably the best for the gains adam is looking for, and easy enough to change over for mot. lol not that i could do it.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
agreed matey, but probably the best for the gains adam is looking for, and easy enough to change over for mot. lol not that i could do it.
Yeh manifold is def the way to go for the best gains, just comes at a risk that's all, suppose depends on budget too...lol yeh everyone says yeh it's easy to change over...but I would never attempt it either!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, what sort of gains do you see with flash pro or is it more around tuning what you have and allowing v-tec to kick in earlier.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Would it not be better to get the exhaust first and then get flashpro otherwise you will need to get it mapped again once you get the exhaust

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I went for HKS RSK and HKS Exhaust but then needed Flashpro as the car ran rough, with those mods I made 227BHP. I'd say go for an exhaust first and then Flashpro.

BTW I wouldnt go for drilled discs, I wanted Spoon drilled discs but was told there'll crack with heat so went for grooved instead.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I got all done in my signature in one go. I would definitely add fast road set up and eibachs to your list. Flash pro is great. Won't give you much top end it's all about mid range approx 10-15 bhp and 95% torque at 3700. It comes on all the time And sounds better than it does at 5600 rpm. It brings the best out of other mods. If you can get the exhaust, flash pro and custom map together. If not I just got flash pro on stock. Plus you get better mpg following the custom map.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts