2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working hard with my Chinese Supplier (UK Costs for milling alu are very very high!) to design and manufacture a very high quality DRL Kit, my aim was to make it as OEM as possible and I'm incredibly happy with the results!

It's 100% aluminium so is weather resistant and also looks really good (unlike the cheap plastic ones you can buy off ebay!). You will not find a product of this quality on any non-OEM kit.

The pictures show the colour compared to Mr JP's 25 LED Sidelights, which looks much more blue than my Pure White DRL's.

One picture was taken at about 20-25 meters away from the car, as many other "DRL Kits" use cheap/dim LEDs that aren't visible at any real distance which is pretty pointless for DRL's!

I'm just putting together a fitting guide and they will be on sale soon :)

Specs:
Pure White beam colour
3W per 'bulb'
110 degree beam
CE, E-mark approved
Waterproof (IP65)
Over Temperature Protected
Over & Under Voltage Protected

Note:
a. The photo that looks like it's taken in darkness is actually under-exposed, it was the best way to show the colour difference between my DRL's and the LED sidelights.
b. I had to disable the control modules auto-off function as normally you wouldn't have the DRL's running at the same time as any other lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Very nice! Just a shame I got fog lights otherwise I would have snapped up a pair!! Still can I suppose :)

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys :) Lots of hard work went into these, glad people like them!

Very nice! Just a shame I got fog lights otherwise I would have snapped up a pair!! Still can I suppose :)
I had fog lights too, I'd prefer these in during the summer months as the fog lights have a tenancy to smash when hit with a stone... I've already lost one that way and these are way cheaper to replace!

+1... Maybe you could create a build-in thing for those with foglights... So that they sit in the foglight housings...
If you'd risk drilling into a £100 fog light you're welcome to try!! It'd be very easy to mount these into the front mesh, you'd only need some small 90 degree brackets as the DRL units have threaded screw holes in the back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
They look very smart indeed! Any idea on the cost of these yet?

·
Give it some beans!! :)
473 Posts
Look good those mate, will keep my eye on this thread to see how much and whether you manage to find a solution to the fog light dilemma! Great work tho! :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
These look great mate, but PLEASE come up with a solution to those with fog lights (other than removing the fog lights and replacing with these)! I would definitely buy a pair if they came with a dummies guy for fitting with fogs.

Also, would having these on pass an MOT? Can't see it being a problem but thought I might as well ask.

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look very smart indeed! Any idea on the cost of these yet?
£47 for the pair of DRL Units (as shown in first picture above) - these come with bullet connecters for Control Module or ScotchLok conenctors for connecting to the existing fog light wiring loom.

£17 Control Module - Connects to the battery and automatically turns the DRLs on when the engine is started & turns them off when the side lights or headlights are turned on.

Look good those mate, will keep my eye on this thread to see how much and whether you manage to find a solution to the fog light dilemma! Great work tho! :)
Would you want them mounted in the front grill? If so I can fabricate brackets to do that...

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
what is included in the sale? just the 4 x leds in the housing or the full foglight blank as well?

I ask this becuase I've upraged my rubbish blanks already with silver ones to match my car (see here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/56273-how-remove-fit-fog-light-blanks.html#post887392) and don't fancy replacing them with black ones.

I'm very interested in these for the right price... any ball park figures yet?
Just the two LED Units, see post above for more details :) (I used black blanks as I have a NHB Civic and am going for a 'black on black' look)

I can supply the blanks for other people at cost price if needed...

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I popped into my local dealer and he let me have both blanks for £40 all in. (Blade Honda, Chippenham)

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm honestly not putting a markup on the price, both Holden Honda and Lings Honda aren't so generous, Norfolk only has one Honda Dealership so they don't do deals like others do.

If anyone knows a dealer that can do them cheaper including posting please let me know!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I'm honestly not putting a markup on the price, both Holden Honda and Lings Honda aren't so generous, Norfolk only has one Honda Dealership so they don't do deals like others do.

If anyone knows a dealer that can do them cheaper including posting please let me know!
Sorry, my last post didn't come across right. I wasn't accusing you of charging too much, I was just letting people know that I personally managed to get a good deal from my dealer by visiting them in person and being very friendly, polite and humble. The last thing they appreciate is a wideboy over the phone demanding they "knock off the VAT" etc...

It might not be worth it for some people, but I live 5 minute drive from my local dealer and saving £6 meant that I could treat myself to a large Big Mac meal on the way back home :)

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It might not be worth it for some people, but I live 5 minute drive from my local dealer and saving £6 meant that I could treat myself to a large Big Mac meal on the way back home :)
Mine's pretty close too, unfortunatly living in a County with no Motorways and both the main A-roads still being partly single carriageway means we get shafted with prices :(

1 - 20 of 254 Posts