2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a '08, has 45k km on the clock and some personal touches that I've added recently - front grille, small rear spoiler and aftermarket wheels :)

it's amazing how the accessory front grille changes the look of this car! :eek:
I must say I like it very much - dark chrome fascia from one angle looks almost black and bright silver from other... small spoiler is also very nice, imho :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one more set of wheels (for track days, etc.)

forged BBS (8x17 ET53) from WRX STI + Firestone SZ90 (225/45-R17 91Y, they have good opinion in a "Subaru world")

now it's time for a better brakes (I'm considering front brakes from a Civic Type-R)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
winter setup (OZ Record 7.5x17 ET50 + GY Ice Navi Zea 225/45-R17 90Q)

p.s. I have to take better shot of these wheels, they're lovely in normal light :cool:

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
one more set of wheels (for track days, etc.)

forged BBS (8x17 ET53) from WRX STI + Firestone SZ90 (225/45-R17 91Y, they have good opinion in a "Subaru world")

now it's time for a better brakes (I'm considering front brakes from a Civic Type-R)
I have those wheels powdercoated in black they give a much better feel to driving steering is much more responsive etc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in the end of June I brought Civic from Vilnius to Astana, Kazakhstan (via Belarus and Russia, about 3700 km in 4 days)
I must say that it was unexpectedly comfy journey - Civic was fully loaded with stuff, but suspension worked quite good even on bad roads... it was a good decision to switch to 205/50-17 tyres

before journey Civic received a few upgrades: tinted windows, dashboard from CTR and a Milltek cat-back from ABP Motorsport :cool:
after breaking-in, the exhaust sounds perfectly, I like so much that nice roar after start-up!

tinted

lowered rear suspension [smilie=gt_grinz-br:

[URL="http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/ad86a20ab4e4d83d"]
[/URL]

new dash

Astana :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice updates, you have had the car a few years now
thanks!

two years ago, when I bought it, it was supposed to be the city-driver (as we have a bigger car for long journeys), but you never know... :D

the Civic proved itself as a long-distance-car also, I was amazed how good it was on a long journey - the A/C auto mode works great, the interior is so spacey and the engine is capable for sudden overtakes, you just have to work proper with gears

now I'm waiting for the winter (here in Astana winters are very long with much snow and sometimes it can freeze down to -40C :rolleyes: )

·
Administrator
17,938 Posts
It's good to hear that your Civic is versatile and reliable. Especially during those cold winters.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts