2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, original owner was :)

I'm only down the road in Clare though.

Car was busy this week, did Clare to Galway and back, then to cork and back, then to Belfast via Leitrim and Cavan, on to Dublin and home then up and down to Portlaoise yesterday!

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Nah, original owner was :)

I'm only down the road in Clare though.

Car was busy this week, did Clare to Galway and back, then to cork and back, then to Belfast via Leitrim and Cavan, on to Dublin and home then up and down to Portlaoise yesterday!
Awesome mate, thats some journey :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It will be tomorrow :)

Gonna give it some overdue TLC. The weathers been so bad here its hard to leave the house

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
how did you find fitting the facelift indicators? any modifications made or simply bolt on?
also, get some plasticare on those plastic trims! Did it with mine and looks massively better, should look amazing on the nighthawk black :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how did you find fitting the facelift indicators? any modifications made or simply bolt on?
also, get some plasticare on those plastic trims! Did it with mine and looks massively better, should look amazing on the nighthawk black :)
Facelift indicators was relatively straightforward, got Depo ones as opposed to ones from Honda dealer.
I had to file the hole for the lower mounting bolts by about 2mm. Not sure if this was down to the fact that they were facelift or the fact that they were pattern parts.
The facelift also uses a slightly different bulb holder to the 06, so had to cut a 3mm chunk out of the aperture for the bulb holder out of the cluster so that the holder would slot in.
No biggie.

Re the trims, I'm getting some gtechnik stuff to restore it, but the next job is colour coding those trims anyway.

Have you before/after pics of plasticare?

Also looking at a different front grille. Not sure which one I prefer yet.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Facelift indicators was relatively straightforward, got Depo ones as opposed to ones from Honda dealer.
I had to file the hole for the lower mounting bolts by about 2mm. Not sure if this was down to the fact that they were facelift or the fact that they were pattern parts.
The facelift also uses a slightly different bulb holder to the 06, so had to cut a 3mm chunk out of the aperture for the bulb holder out of the cluster so that the holder would slot in.
No biggie.

Re the trims, I'm getting some gtechnik stuff to restore it, but the next job is colour coding those trims anyway.

Have you before/after pics of plasticare?

Also looking at a different front grille. Not sure which one I prefer yet.
I've got depo ones myself sitting in the living room, just waiting on the silvatec bulbs arriving then I'm gonna fit them. How did you cut away the chunk out of the aperture? I haven't actually had a look at what I'll be cutting away yet.

Here's my before pics for plasticare:
[/URL]
[/URL]

And one from while I was doing it, big difference

[/URL]

And from 6 months after I applied the plasticare, still black as ever (excuse the girlfriend haha :))

[/URL]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Those plastics look great!

As for the bulbs , I'll try and describe as best I can.

The bulb holder has tabs on it that locate in cutouts in the cluster, you the rotate the bulb holder to lock it in place.

The cutouts are in a different position (say an 07 has one at 7 o clock and one at 2 o clock, and the facelift has one at 7 o clock and one at 12 o clock.

Putting the 2 units side by side will show you straight away where you need to trim.

I used a Stanley blade. The plastic isn't overly strong so its an easy job.

I just used a round file for the mounting holes. I think it was a manufacturing defect as the holes weren't straight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts